how do i beat mates type - r?

Do they feel a bit heavy? Only ever sat in one as despite mulling around the local dealer for 30 minutes no-one asked me if I wanted a test-drive :s but I know insuring one or even a 3 year old ep3 was more expensive than the clio.

Though I didn't like the interior on it either as it just felt a bit enclosing/claustrophobic and the seats were a bit small for me.....

I honestly really liked it, perhaps felt a touch more grown up, but not really heavy as such. If it wasn't for the fact that I have track wheels for the Clio, and it would have been around £2k to change, I would probably have swapped. Civic is a bigger and more practical car, but didn't feel conspicuously bigger on the road. Lack of a rear wiper was annoying though.

Thats forums for you. Ever had a peep at another forum???? Read what 172/182 owners think about 197's or Ford owners think about Japs. Worst than that, what Porsche drivers think about everybody....without generalising, its very difficult to get objectivity about other cars on Forums....can feel like your questioning the size of another man's penis lol

I'm on a few forums. I've owned 182's and the R27 I'm just giving you my experiences. It's not measuring contest as I love the 182/197/200. Just thought I had a valid opinion seen as I've owned them all.

I'm on a few forums. I've owned 182's and the R27 I'm just giving you my experiences. It's not measuring contest as I love the 182/197/200. Just thought I had a valid opinion seen as I've owned them all.

Thats forums for you. Ever had a peep at another forum???? Read what 172/182 owners think about 197's or Ford owners think about Japs. Worst than that, what Porsche drivers think about everybody....without generalising, its very difficult to get objectivity about other cars on Forums....can feel like your questioning the size of another man's penis lol

Nor was I suggesting that...in fact quite the oposite. My post reads "its difficult to get objectivity" meaning no matter how good the car (in this case the civic), forums generally will always sway towards their own, and at times talk about cars that they have never owned or driven...your opinion is more valid having owned both.

The CTR is a cracking car, a mate of mine has had one for about 5 years (EP3) and like Nashy, he's had no problems apart from a dead Cat... Which was replaced out of warranty for FREE by Honda UK as they said it's so rare for one to go that it must've been a manufacturing fault!!! How good is that!?! :smile:

Having driven an EP3 and living with the 197, I must admit there's little between them but I do prefer the 197, I find it much more chuckable and easier to control on the limit and a nicer place to sit. Although, the CTR seats are very cool and the gearstick positioning just reeks of BTCC!!! Plus, it doesn't sound too shabby when the VTEC YO! kicks in. :smiley: I've not driven a newer CTR to be honest, but from what Lee (mate with the EP3, had one as courtesy car whilst they sorted his Cat) has said, it's just not quite as raw as the EP3.

Horses for courses I suppose. Jap fanboys will back the CTR up all day but most would take the RS Brembo's given the chance... Where as RS fanboys will back the Clio up all day but would probably take another 1500RPM before the redline given the chance. :smiley:

CTR's do have somewhat of an image problem now though, much like the Impreza's used to have...

The CTR is a cracking car, a mate of mine has had one for about 5 years (EP3) and like Nashy, he's had no problems apart from a dead Cat... Which was replaced out of warranty for FREE by Honda UK as they said it's so rare for one to go that it must've been a manufacturing fault!!! How good is that!?! :smile:

Having driven an EP3 and living with the 197, I must admit there's little between them but I do prefer the 197, I find it much more chuckable and easier to control on the limit and a nicer place to sit. Although, the CTR seats are very cool and the gearstick positioning just reeks of BTCC!!! Plus, it doesn't sound too shabby when the VTEC YO! kicks in. :smiley: I've not driven a newer CTR to be honest, but from what Lee (mate with the EP3, had one as courtesy car whilst they sorted his Cat) has said, it's just not quite as raw as the EP3.

Horses for courses I suppose. Jap fanboys will back the CTR up all day but most would take the RS Brembo's given the chance... Where as RS fanboys will back the Clio up all day but would probably take another 1500RPM before the redline given the chance. :smiley:

CTR's do have somewhat of an image problem now though, much like the Impreza's used to have...

Spot on..IMO

Sorry i mistook your post mate! as willis said it all comes down to personnel preference im no jap fan boy (well wasnt) and i did have reservations about the ctr but im glad i did the swap even though it's got a bit of an image once i started driving it it soon changed my mind. One of the reasons for my swap was space, needed a bigger car and after considering the r32 the tax put me off! The ctr's have loads of room plus a large boot space (for the pram etc) i wouldnt slate the clio's on any forum having owned them i know what there capable of!

I'd had my clio for about 3 days before i found a CTR up my arse, breifly, before i dropped a cog and dissappeard round the next set of corners :smile:

I come from a strictly VAG background, and i wasnt expecting much from the clio in terms of build quality, but to be fair, the plastics seems solid, and i have heard no squeeks or rattles. Only poor thing is that the switches for e/w is a bit "loose" and the saggy glovebox lid.

I never thought id own anything that wasnt german, but these clio's are one hell of a little car. V tec!? Pah! 5K till the little light comes on, and your away!

thats my 2p's worth anyway :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions