Beat mates wrx sti

Driving on the country road at largs near were i stay and just smoked my mates imreza wrx sti cumon the the clios

Nice one, cant beat it (excuse the pun) lol. I had a play with a wrx wagon when I first got the 200, it was pouring down and I couldnt drive the thing properly (yet!) and kept with him nicely:tongueout:roud:

Bloody hell! My parents have got an Impreza STI an there is no way in hell i would be able to beat the 300bhp scooby!!!
:clap:

My mate has an rb320, in a straight line there's no chance but the difference isn't as big as you'd expect. Roundabouts (the type you get on private race tracks - you know the ones I mean) he has no hope..........

My mate has an rb320, in a straight line there's no chance but the difference isn't as big as you'd expect. Roundabouts (the type you get on private race tracks - you know the ones I mean) he has no hope..........

Yip lol I know those ones8)

Rb 320 looks a brilliant car, only scoob i'd have.

I've kept up with a wrx sti on a twisty 'track' too, no idea how flat out he was but certainly looked like he was trying. I did know the 'track' well though

my point exactly. I dont think a 180 hp front wheel drive car can have a cat in hells against a 300bhp 300lbft diffed 4wd car lol

i dont kno were ppl are getting the figure 300bhp scoobys only the rb320 and subaru cosworth have power near that and more impreza STI unless i am mistaken are 260 bhp and if u catch one the right time and get by it on a twisty road then unless there is a massize straight then chances of them catching ur properly isnt very high if ur driving properly

Normal STI's are 260, yes......but you'll find a lot of em if they're 2005 onwards will probably have the Prodrive Performance Pack which ups power to 301bhp and improved the suspension and breaks slightly! Near impossible to tell which ones have it just from appearence though.

my old JDM STi would cream my 200 in a straight line, but unless driven by a professional, through a twisty B road there would be niothing in it.

I feel that i can go just as fast into a corner in the 200 as i could in the impreza.

plus people are banging on about bhp. lets not forget the transmission losses of the 4wd system and the extra weight. The power to weight ratio probably isnt a million miles apart.

Plus a UK spec impreza loses puff once the revs rise.

So again, driving technique etc will play a big part.

having said all that.........

1238993754704.jpg

my mates isnt a ppp its just a standar sti type uk i do not disagree that in a straight line he would have me but on the road we were racing in there wasnt any big straights just constant corners

In which case, I can have the complete satisfaction of knowing my mate drives like a granny! I put it down to heavier car and 4 wheel drive sapping power :smiley: