Hodgeson on for England manager

Rogue

Platinum Member
I really can't understand this choice, unless the FA are literally picking him due to cost. Hell be cheaper than Harry but I think the whole nation wants Harry.

Hodgson playing boring and methodical defensive football. He's never won anything major in his career even though he has a lot of experience.

Bad choice IMO. Thoughts?

Ever since HArry was linked with the England job they've been $hite.

I like Hodgeson as a manager. Seems to be able to get results better thanthe team he has would suggest. I reckon he'll be a good manager. Unfortunately!

I dunno, I like Roy.

Fair enough, his teams aren't always blessed with flair. But neither are England, bar Lennon and Rooney. I think what he did at Fulham alone shows that he's a very good man manager. Which, in my opinion, is what a national coach needs to be. It's about getting the best out of what we have. Roy's good at that. I don't care if we play boring defensive football, as long as we're not getting played off the park every time we go out then it'll be an improvement. It'll be nice to see if he can get us playing like a team instead of a bunch of individuals too...

We as a nation need to be realistic and face facts that we're nowhere near the top 5 in the world, regardless of what FIFA say.

Harry is more charismatic, true, but I like Roy, I think he'll do ok.

I think he'll be a good manager for england.

Because of what happened at liverpool people think he'll be no good, look at his other results with lesser teams, if he makes those kinda improvements with england i think we'll do well.

The only trouble is if we don't do well out of the box/this tournament the press will be on his back as it's mainly them who wanted harry redknap to get the job.

F'in redtops :shout:

Liverpool is a poisoned chalice, even worse than Chelski or England.

Good old ''King'' Kenny has done absolutely nothing, with a better squad then Roy had, yet he's still untouchable. Disgrace.

Liverpool is a poisoned chalice, even worse than Chelski or England.

Good old ''King'' Kenny has done absolutely nothing, with a better squad then Roy had, yet he's still untouchable. Disgrace.

Completely agree. Should have just stuck with Rafa. He's done more than anyone in recent years.

I think KD is out of touch.