Higher insurance for people out of work

Roy

clio197.net legend
How bad is that.watching on BBC news they say your insurance is likely to rise by 30% more rip of brittan

Surely though Roy, people that are out of work spend more time on the road than people in employment.

That was my first thought. Yet another 'risk' to add to the list of, 'everything that can ever be done = risk' :@

Unfortunately insurance is all based on statistics. And people out of work must be higher risk statistically. Apparently they're more likely to make false claims and more likely to claim in the event of small accidents, whereas someone with a job will pay for the car park knock themselves. TBH, I think it's more likely to be people who are not out of work for reasons other than in your case Roy, but as with the price young drivers have to pay, we all suffer.

Yeah must agree their statistics are right as over the past 2 years out work, I've covered 3500 miles and been in zero accidents and made zero claims. Perhaps I need to try harder, must go think my neck is feeling whiplashed :smile: better make a claim as could do with a new computer.