HID kit wanted...plus fitting

its going to be either

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h1-35w-slim-pro-plus-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html
because ive read that there is a perfect space in the projector headlights for a slim ballast

OR

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h1-55w-pro-max-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html
The one you've ordered Keil

just cant decide . . . :S

You have projectors dont you Keil? because ive heard you can get brighter in projectors and it still gives a good beam pattern compared to the reflector headlights. i have the projectors so could go for 55w 6000k but im being drawn to the slim ones for a better fit lol

Last edited:
Yeah I have projectors, wouldnt dream of putting them in the normal silver headlights, would blind no end of people, hate when it happens to me, so dont want to return the favour to everyone.

I was going to get slimline, but everyone I have spoken to has stated theres no need to get slimlines, so followed them and got standard 55w 6000ks

if you read on page 2 on this thread, one of the guys, think its gandy, says no point in slimline ballasts

Not really any need for slimline ballasts assuming you're taking the bumper off and headlights out (Which I think you need to).

Yep I see. This is the way I planned to do it anyways. Guess slimlines are for squeezing them into the engine bay. Sweet gonna order the same as you Keil :thumbup:

good lad.... cant wait to get mine and get them fitted! actually looking forward to been able to see where Im going at night lol, as I feel the standard lamps are sh!te

Yeah me too! Gonna have to get some other decent bulbs for the main beam though as the HIDs are just the dipped arent they. So i was thinking of getting some osram night breaker+ bulbs for my main beams and cornering lights and hopefully they'll all pretty much match! lol

not a clue tbh, just going to fit them lol and see the outcome.

Mine has cornering lights, but dont work as mine is an upgrade from standards to projectors on a 197

ah yeah ive heard of people putting dummy bulbs in the cornering lights, so probably not worth worrying about. If you dont replace the main beam, when you switch them on you'll just be turning on the standard bulbs which are pants compared to the HIDs so im guessing you wont get much extra light compared to what will be coming from the HIDs, so im going to upgrade all the bulbs in one hit and so they match roughly in colour. LED sidelights, HIDs, better mains/cornering bulbs, and LED fogs maybe :tongueout:

ive got LED sides, silvatec indicators, and obviously HIDS to go on, regarding main, you mean High beam?? going to go have a look now lol

yes mate sorry, high beam. I need to get some silvatec's too actually. the Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs are supposed to be very good, and they should be quite a good colour match to the HIDs. You can pick up a pair on eBay for about £12 ish. I had the normal Night Breakers on a previous car and they were very good so i can imagine that these new 'Plus' bulbs are pretty sweet lol

you get the same ones???

just a tip, the ballast wont fit underneath the lights on my car, but ive been able to get them secure and out the way, but also accessible.