Hi from Oz

Vibra Technics upper gearbox mount fitted. All 3 rubbish oem mounts done now...

vbmount_zps7b05a7e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Yep do the torque link, it makes a world of difference.
When you see the oem mount you'll see why.

The only part designed worse are the oem strut tops which are a joke & need regular replacement, no doubt that's why Renault changed the design of the shock towers to the smaller opening on late 200's.

Last edited:
Its very easy to get too & to change but you need to jack the motor up to take the weight off the mount.
Simple job if you have access to a hoist, pita if you dont.

Hey Steve, how much castor did you end up going for/getting with the Powerflex bushes?

Saw your post about camber earlier, is 1.2 the Max you could get or could you go for more?

Hey Trent,
1.2 neg camber was max on my 18/225/40 street tyres. I get about 1.4 on my 17/215/45 semi slicks as they are a slightly smaller OD.
Castor is currently set to about 3mm but can get as much as you want (I don't like a lot of toe).
Although my car is on a track about every 2 weeks, I still drive it to & from work most days so have to be realistic.
If I wanted more camber i'd fit adjustable top mounts but I personally don't feel its needed.
I also run a rear sway bar which changes response quite a bit (am able to adjust/tighten my line mid corner).
With the current adjustable Koni/H&R setup on semi's the car turns in incredibly well compared to a standard cup 200 & is still quite stable.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Plasti-dipped my track wheels again but white this time (the fluro lime had started to wear after a full season of racing)...

IMG_2084_zps0c4d27c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2088_zps4293eb25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2096_zps60e41287.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks steve. Sounds really good. I take it the extra adjustability allowed the slight pull to the left to be dialled out completely?

Last edited:
Its very easy to get too & to change but you need to jack the motor up to take the weight off the mount.
Simple job if you have access to a hoist, pita if you dont.

Could you support the engine from underneath with a block of wood and a trolley jack while you get the new link in? or is that a No-No?

New Nitto NT01 track tyres.
Not in the performance league of the Advan A050's but at almost half the price they offer great bang for little bucks.

IMG_2106_zps795de75c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Fitted the quick-latch bonnet pins today.

Its a nice quality kit, the catches are anodised aluminium with a spring loaded damper & stainless posts.
Im not a fan of bonnet pin kits that protrude above the bonnet plus they're not legal for road use here, whereas these are perfectly legal & much more subtle in appearance.

Secondary bonnet catches are mandatory in most motorsport over here & the Quick-latch kit is a better solution than the home-made snap clip setup I was using.

IMG_2136_zps9ced504f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2135_zpse0e8bf2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2183_zps022f3f6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Yes i have an electric plumbed-in system waiting to go into the car.
Currently just using basic hand held type.

Last edited: