HESITATING

So i got clio out tonight for a good blast as i haven't driven it since the 10th of november .
I did the usual stuff of letting it warm up properly and went nice and easy for a few miles to let everything settle . I noticed on a couple of occasions when nearing the rev limiter it hesitated pretty bad just seeing if anyone as had this issue and what it could be .

Any help would be great thanks

Damien

Happened to me once, engine wasn't fully up to temp and I planted the foot after pulling out onto a main road at a bad time.

Big hesitation and the gear shift up light came on at 5500 revs, assumed it was the car limiting revs when not up to temp?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

IIRC they do have a restriction on revs if the engine isn't up to temp - not sure what the technical term is, maybe someone can elaborate. Could have cut in because it had been stood for so long??

It was well up to temp as i had been driving a while . Its a strange one as it didn't do it every time i neared the limiter . I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and see if it happens again .

So i got clio out tonight for a good blast as i haven't driven it since the 10th of november .
I did the usual stuff of letting it warm up properly and went nice and easy for a few miles to let everything settle . I noticed on a couple of occasions when nearing the rev limiter it hesitated pretty bad just seeing if anyone as had this issue and what it could be .

Any help would be great thanks

Damien
I'm not a fan of letting engines warm up. They designed to be driven from word go nowadays. Engines warm up quicker on the go so all fuel parameters under normal conditions

Coil maybe. Duff plug. Oil or water in plug hole. Try see if it does it under load i.e. Low ish speed in high gear

I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know . Its due a service in 1500 miles but i might just book it in renault this week and have it looked at when its being serviced .

I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know . Its due a service in 1500 miles but i might just book it in renault this week and have it looked at when its being serviced .
I've said it before and I will repeat it.lol. You can pick up very cheap code readers to just double check on things every now and then. Easy to use and plug in

I'm not a fan of letting engines warm up. They designed to be driven from word go nowadays. Engines warm up quicker on the go so all fuel parameters under normal conditions

I warm the clio up as it seems a bit jerky when driven from cold until it get up to temp .

2 years for oil services? Thats not..
1year/12k miles (and If you drive the car hard so earlier)
If you didnt had one done in two years you definitely should do it !