Help with my PS3

Hello everyone, I'm trying to get my PS3 online. The only way i connect to the web at the minute is on my laptop via a dongle USB thingy. Can i plug my dong into the PS3 anywere? I've tried the front and it did'nt seem to work although the light came on on the dongle. Can i use an ethernet cable from the PS3 to my laptop which is connected to the web?. Sorry if i'm being thick.

Unfortunately even if the PS3 supported the dongle (which it doesn't) the latency would be to high so you would be able to game over it. Is that what your looking to do?

Its got built in WiFi, just connect wirelessly to the router: simples.

Anything you plug unto the USB ports on the front will charge, my gf charges her iPod on mine!

....if you are gaming online, its best to get an 'unlimited' down load allowance. It's suprising how much data comes in and goes out if your on-line.......

Can i plug my dong into the PS3 anywere?

Lol!

Seriously though, you might be able to set up a wireless connection between just laptop and PS3 and use that to connect to the net through your laptop. I think it's called an ad-hoc connection or you might find it under something like one-to-one etc.

as said, you need wireless, as my mum currently uses a dongle, and even on my computer, watching a few youtube videos every now and again, i've exceeded the fair use policy!

stu.