help with cabasse radio code???

Hi Guys,

I had to replace a blown fuse in the fuse panel underneath the 2nd air intake hose for the first time over the weekend as when upgrading my plate, boot, and door card lights to white LED's not only did they not come on again but neither did the passengers rear light or passengers front sidelight. Once fuse was replaced all is working fine now.

However, I now there is a fuse panel underneath steering wheel which has fuse for radio in which I reminded myself not to remove as I would loose the code, but at least there was a white sticker telling you what fuse is for what unlike the fuse box lid underneath the 2nd air intake. Due to this I had to take one fuse out at a time not knowing that there must be another fuse in the engine bay for the radio. I have no lost the code for my 6cd cabasse changer. :worried:

I have signed up to Renault Forums but not luck. I am not sure whether to try a website which sells radio codes for like £2 although I can't see one that deals with cabasse systems.

I have written down the 2 number on the sticker stuck on the front of the radio underneath seat but not sure if part of the code is in that?

I am avoiding going to dealers to pay £20-£30 just for a code unless worst came to the worst especially this time of the month as well when outlays are high for everyone due to christmas period etc.

You don't realise how much you listen to your CD's or radio until you can't use it. It's been a few quiet journey's for me over the past 3 days. Looking forward to getting some music back :smiley:

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

my cabbase code was in the drivers handbook pack, warranty & services booklet sticker inside 1st page has vin & ignition key number etc. and on my says DIO Code whcih is 4 digit

assume Dio should be radio but misprinted to sticker

my cabbase code was in the drivers handbook pack, warranty & services booklet sticker inside 1st page has vin & ignition key number etc. and on my says DIO Code whcih is 4 digit

assume Dio should be radio but misprinted to sticker

Hi Paul,

cheers for your feedback it's much appreciated I'll go and get my manuals and look through the warranty and services booklet and hopefully find it there.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers for your help man!! :smiley:

Chris

when i bought car and picked it up radio was off and on journey home not bothered with turning it on, just listening to the car making sure no weird noises etc. then hit big traffic jam on m25 went to turn on and it was asking for code, but i didn't find the code till i got home which was typical

when i bought car and picked it up radio was off and on journey home not bothered with turning it on, just listening to the car making sure no weird noises etc. then hit big traffic jam on m25 went to turn on and it was asking for code, but i didn't find the code till i got home which was typical

Unlucky about the code on your way back, at least you found it though. :smile:

I'll have a look through all the paperwork mate. Fingers crossed I can find it. :smile:

I am the 3rd owner of the car. It's 06reg so i'm sure all the paperwork has followed every owner