Help with brake upgrade v standard

Hi guys, I need some help!

I am looking at the possibility of doing a brake replacement/upgrade.
Seeing TwingoGeekeo's deal sparked me into looking, at £185 ish (Front discs and pads, with postage guesstimate) it is much better than the Renault quote of £279.84.

What I want to know is an upgrade worth the extra cost?, for a better trackday feel/experience, but still the same the around normal town driving (not stopping to sharply at lights so some one rearranges the backend for you)

I know the standard brakes fine for everyday use, and then some trackday use, but I have never done more than about a 5/6 lap stint at Bedford, and I am hoping to do more (trackdays and laps!)
Are the trackdays with the standard brakes going to kill them quicker thus a better disc and pad option mean they will last longer? I know that trackdays will accelerate wear of any product, but then the cost of replacements is also something I am considering.

I have heard many people mention the Ferodo DS2500 pads, is it then better to keep the standard discs and just upgrade the pads?

I suppose I am after the best option, ones that will last and suit what I need them for, as well as reasonable cost of replacements. Brakes is not an area I want to skimp on, but also I don't want to overpay for a product that is better than what I need.
I have seen some of the links posted in other threads, for Kam racing and ebay, but my technically ability lets me down to ensure that the are the correct ones.

And its starting to confuse me abit, so hence my ask for help

At the end of the day "Going fast is desirable, being able to stop is essential"

TIA
Ed

I'd recommend the DS2500 as a fast road pad but I cooked them at bedford and they ruined my discs. Reading around on the web a fair number of people have had this problem so I'd suggest something more aggressive from performance friction or pagid if you plan on trackdays.

But, having said that bedford is very heavy on brakes

Never had an issue with the standard Pads and Discs.

I changed my hoses for HEL items and use Millers Oils 300+ Race Fluid.

Thanks guys.
Useful to see what others are using.
The DS2500 seem to get a good rating, and at that price is reasonable, might stick some on and see how we go.

Bedford is the only track ive been to yet, but hopefully next year or so, after I have built up some more experience I will try some others