Help put me off?

To all you guys that have upgraded from the 200 to a 250 megane.

As most of you know ive been chasing issues with my 200 for quite some time now which has ultimately killed the driving experience (but im so in love with the yellow beast). Ive a box of toys sat here to spoil it (KW V3s, spacers, sprint booster) waiting to go on once Renault finally do something about the way its steering is....BUT....i cant help myself looking at Meganes!!

I know i shouldnt, as they are Renault, and the Clio has put me off, but they are so so nice.

Lets look into the finance side of things. Im just over two years into me 4 year, 0%, no balloon payment, no limited mileage, car is mine at end deal.

Put £4k down and pay £320 a month. That means ive paid roughly £12k of the £19k the clio cost off.

If i was to sell it id be lucky to get what...£11k/12k at a push. That gives me £3k/4k deposit towards a £15k Megane.

What sort of monthly payments would we be looking at for the Meg. £320 a month is a lot BUT ive never noticed it not there and money isnt tight atm. But then the sensible me comes in and says either keep the clio or trade it for something cheap, but im really tempted by a meg :worried:

If you looked at 1yr old examples from a Renault dealer you could probably PCP them for £3k down and £300 pcm via RUK. Obviously you lose the manufacturer incententive so wont get a low APR but this is offset by dodging a chunk of the depreciation and the price being lower to begin with.

This also opens up optional extra's that you might have not otherwise spec'd if you were leasing from new to keep the monthly payments down.

I would be tempted with a 250 after the bother you have had with the 200,would it not be cheaper selling the 200 and then a loan for a 250.Last week i seen a meg for £10500.

Did it not work out again? thought it was going in to get the independent inspection verified/rectified?

Ergh Renault have heard the fault after a 2 hour session with the service manager. He sent a video to RUK and is still waiting for a response.

Yawn.

Depends what you're after mate. I've driven a 250 on road and track (spa) back to back with my 200. Yes the megane was more capable than the clio, with higher speeds on the road (good thing?) and would set quicker lap time. BUT, and its a big one! The clio was far more fun and engaging with being NA and slightly more adjustable. The meg is undoubtedly a better daily and gt car, but for fun, the clio trumps it IMO.

See thats the thing. I dont use the clio to its potential. The roads round my way are straight and crap so the only thing you notice is lack of get up and go.

Ohhhhh i dont know. :worried:

The meg seems more grown up

Last edited:
cheapest car is the car you own.. thats what i have always been told. no point in my eyes starting it all over again just to go "one up". i would stay or go to something different.

steven

I'd have a good think about it Marshall, I'd be very tempted! If the payments work out alright and you can find the right meg you probably won't look back.

Was thinking I'd get a LY 265 (depending on how they depreciate) in the future but after my brothers just got a Ibiza bocanegra which I love, I might get something boring and more like that like a mk6 golf GTI haha

Ultimately every time i drive the 200 i swear about it. Fighting it from pulling to the left, heavy steering...it just grinds on me.

Oh im very tempted but it would have to be perfect spec. Only thing is there isnt any near me. Oh and the fact its still Renault!

Mk6 Golf GTis can be had for good money mate! There was one on eBay with 11k on the clock, 5 door, for £15,000.

Not sure i should comment either..............

250/65 ftw if you can't get the 200 sorted.

Running costs are all but identical.

Sorry can't talk you out of it either as i have just traded my 200 in for a Meg 250
although my 200 was fine the Meg is so much quicker!
(and it has a bigger boot which is the only reason i bought one)

Ha! Enquire about one, get links to loads and bombarded with finance options

Localish Oyster
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-RS-250-RENAULT-SPORT-/300872224789?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item460d61d015

Oyster Grey
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Renault-Megane-2-0-T-16V-Renaultsport-250-3dr-Petrol-Manual-/400410573981?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item5d3a547c9d

Yellow
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Renault-Megane-2-0-T-16V-Renaultsport-250-3dr-Petrol-Manual-/400429091285?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item5d3b6f09d5

Its become very apparent that dealers really dont seem to know the specs of the cars!

Ideally im not really bothered about the colour/wheel combo. Im also not entirely fussed about the interior neither but it must be leather. I dont want a cup as i like all the toys. And it HAS to have the vis pack with the projector lights and the running lights. Do they have cupped and none cupped cars like the clio? What else would you see as a necessity. Dont say "265" as i cant stretch to that lol

Ive fallen into this trap of loving new cars. Whats wrong with spending £5k on a car and having no finance i do not know

yeh theres cup and non cup, cup packed cars. more or less the same as the clio, red brembos and black wheels. the first advert is very nice. looked at that earlier, looks like FF with cup pack, its got the visability pack, leather recaros, 19" steev wheels, cant tell if it got the rs monitor or not as the centre display isnt on the ignition screen. but its looks the btter out the three.

watch out for early ones as the speedo needle is red, and when it starts going dark before auto light activate you cant see the neddle, looks like they changed them later to white.