Help F1 sounds pants

Heya iv recently purchaced a Clio F1 (3 weeks ago :worried: ) love the car but iv broke it already...

the symptoms are when the car is tarted it sounds rattly like a belt squeeking... but not like the common car squeek if you know what i mean... it stalled twice pulling away on way home from work (never stalled it since iv had it so twice is impossible!! just to cover it lol) when i stop the engine it makes a worse noise but asthough its slowing down

with this i am presuming its not the block, so kinda thinking its the auxilery belt...
Can anyone help please :jase:

Never have the Aircon on, prefer the window open to listen to the car:001_rolleyes: ... and no it hasnt had the cambelt or AUX belt service yet do you think its likely to be the AUX?

Have a check of the belts, see how they look, make sure they don't look too worn etc..

Without hearing the noise I don't really know what to suggest apart from checking everything. :smile:

Yea it sounds like its the auxiliary belt, i haven't got the money for a service yet so ill get my personal mechanic to check it later n see if its the belt if so get it tightened for now, ill keep u all updated

Yea it sounds like its the auxiliary belt, i haven't got the money for a service yet so ill get my personal mechanic to check it later n see if its the belt if so get it tightened for now, ill keep u all updated

its an auto tensioner....the kit from renault is about £60 for belt and tensioer

Thanks mate, apparently there self adjusting aren't they? Coz i might just change the auxiliary belt then when service come just have the camels done :/

Ok ill have to get the belt sometime this week and get it done, will it cause any damage if i drive it steady? Apart from the embarrassment lol