Hel Brake Lines - Too Long?

Might just go to a place near me that is an 'official Hel manufacturing centre' (according to the sign out front anyway), he did the lines for my bike and they are perfect to be honest. Was cheap too though not sure if he does cars, will call in and ask. Might get a better fit.

Ok matey let me know how you get on will be interested to see if they are available in a smaller size that doesn't need fastening to something to stop damage.

Spoke with Johnny at Bike Bits NI (official Hel manufacturing centre for Northern Ireland) and he's told me he should be able to make an exact replica of the original lines but he'll need a set for him to match. He's not done a set for a car before only bikes but he doesn't think it will be any different but he's checking. I can only assume hose sizes, connectors etc.

Anybody got a old original set lying around gathering dust?

Also does anybody know if there is a actual reason why the Hel/Goodridge ones are longer? Could it be due to the braided lines not being as flexible as the original rubber ones so the extra length makes up for this?

Final point (for the moment anyway) I assume all 197s and 200s have the exact same flexible brakes hoses? Just confirming that they do really.

Last edited:
I haven't no Paddy as the guy who fitted mine must still have them. I can ask if he's still got them knocking about?

Now fed up waiting on a reply from Johnny and I need to buy soon so a quick question:

Are 197 and 200 brake lines exactly the same? I suspect they are but need to confirm 100%.

I've also noticed some places listing lines Clio 3 197 and Clio 3 F1 team. What's the difference?

You can get hem direct from HEL on eBay for the same price.

could always just drop them a message to confirm.