Hel Brake Lines - Too Long?

DanB720

Gold Member
I recently got some Hel Brake lines from Camskills. The fronts only came with one rubber locator so i had to fabricate another out ouf some rubber pipe. Anyway this isnt the issue.

In order for the hoses not to rub firstly on what I think is the ARB upright? and on the inside of the wheel, I have had to pull it close to the shock absorber and therefore am left with a large loop near the caliper. Thus loop clears the arch liner and wheel on full lock both ways so not rubbing atall but I was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues. Are the lines too long? Is it because I have Speedlines? are they wider?

Yeah they ideally should come with a second rubber locator but the guy who fitted mine just quickly made one out of some other bits to secure it properlly.

I think they are made a little bit longer yes, I've got Speedlines and have had no issues with it thus far.

I had exactly the same issues. Lines were too long. Didn't realise at the time of fitting that they would rub on the arch liner. Started getting a knocking noise and when I investigated found it was just them hitting on full lock, damage and wear to braid was bad though so I had to remove them.

Didn't realise at the time of fitting that they would rub on the arch liner

Im keeping a close eye on mine. When on the ramp and turned from lock to lock there was about 25mm clearance from the arch liner both sides. They need to settle into their positions now and hopefully all will be ok.

Slightly off topic but these lines and DS2500 pads..........WOW!!!

Im keeping a close eye on mine. When on the ramp and turned from lock to lock there was about 25mm clearance from the arch liner both sides. They need to settle into their positions now and hopefully all will be ok.

Slightly off topic but these lines and DS2500 pads..........WOW!!!

I'm using the same lines and pads with Motul RB660 fluid and Tarox F2000 discs.

Very impressed with them so far actually nearly had [MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION] rear end me because he couldn't stop quick enough with a standard setup :smiley:

Those brakes are silly [MENTION=4920]Gam[/MENTION], I would have died if the right hand lane wasnt clear lol

I've been thinking about upgrading the brakes, Inc lines and have been wondering which are best, Hel or Goodridge? I'm sure they perform very similarly but which fit better? Anybody know?

I've heard that the Goodridge ones are even bigger than the HEL ones so god knows how big they must be!

HEL are £63 delivered from Camskill Paddy

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m50b0s408...-_HEL_Brake_Line_Kit_-_Renault_Clio_197_Sport

Might just go to a place near me that is an 'official Hel manufacturing centre' (according to the sign out front anyway), he did the lines for my bike and they are perfect to be honest. Was cheap too though not sure if he does cars, will call in and ask. Might get a better fit.

Last edited:
Ok matey let me know how you get on will be interested to see if they are available in a smaller size that doesn't need fastening to something to stop damage.

Am still waiting for the Meg ones to be delivered..interested to see if they are also too long like the clio ones.

I think he is walking from Exeter though to hand deliver them, because its taking agesssssssss!

my good ridge ones were too short to route around the strut like the OEM ones so i had to take mine directly across the inside of the wheel

they could have done with being at least 25mm longer

When I got mine they were the same rang HEL told them were I had got them from they said they were the old ones and they had been updated with two rubber parts to use with original bracket HEL sent me the updated ones for free .

When I got mine they were the same rang HEL told them were I had got them from they said they were the old ones and they had been updated with two rubber parts to use with original bracket HEL sent me the updated ones for free .

Bugger haha :smiley: Wish I had known that I would have sent mine of to be replaced.

Hopefully the ones ive ordered will be the new style then and an easy fit