Headlights not working

Miked5

Paid Member
I noticed my headlights weren't working the other week but could of been like this for ages because I only use the car for the odd track day and weekend blast, past MOT in November so must of been working then. A few wiring checks I've done:

• Swapped fuse box relay with fog light one - headlights still don't work but fog lights still do so that rules out the relay
  • All headlight fuses ok
  • Continuity between headlight 5 pin connector and internal bulb wires
  • Connected bulb straight to battery - no issues with bulbs
  • Shorted the relay switch pins in the engine bay fusebox - both headlights turn on so no issues with the wiring from there to headlights
This brings me onto the stalks but when I turn the switch to headlights the light illuminates on the dash so is this enough to rule the stalks out?

Last on the list is the dreaded UCH, I've removed this and checked for any water damage or scorching marks but can't see anything. From a google search and finding people with similar issues the UCH has been the problem but I'd like to find something a bit more concrete to confirm this is the problem if I'm honest, knowing my luck I'd buy a new expensive UCH and the stalks will be the fault. From my understanding the stalks send a signal to a UCH relay, this should then earth the engine bay fusebox relay. This currently does not happen.

Does anyone have anymore suggestions on things I can test? Is there anything further I can test on the stalks to rule them out?

Not illuminating at all mate, then when the fusebox relay switch pins are shorted they come on.

Left side of the relay coil is 12v battery live and other side is meant to be switch earth from the UCH