have money to spend but on what?

dont do induction kit.... I made the mistake of getting the ITG, there ****e!

as for exahust, depends what your wanting.. if your not wanting the run of the mill stuff, still with increases, goto a powerflow dealer, have whatever tailpipes you want, also tone of exahust you want.

Remap Id use rstuning in leeds.

do all of that and youll maybe get 7-8 bhp increase lol

1000 ish and get some fast road cams in, exhaust ktec (sounds naughty) and is cheap, custom map and you are there :wink: easily 18 bhp gain plus u wont have to pay for a cambelt change at 60k :smile: win win

Cat cams from Ktec are £814.80 (Inc vat) Pair + fitting: http://www.k-tecracing.com/search.asp?appid=3&catid=26

Shrick cams arount 900 euros from: http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/Sportnockenwellen/Renault/index.htm , Jamsport do these cams and fitting for around £1400

Cams and matched inlets will be my next mod, check out MikeLYR27's thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10060

Check out Woodys motor too, cant find his project thread but both cars are awesome and make for very interesting reading if you are thinking of Modding.

Last edited:
You will struggle to get value for money with anything that claims to make the car go faster, disappointment is pretty inevitable.

Why not either spend the cash on a lovely retrim, or better still on improving your own talents behind the wheel, perhaps in the form of a track day, ideally with a bit of instruction?

I am assuming you are already running good tyres, i.e. conti's, and that the car is upto date with its servicing? If it is an F1, I assume it is a 2007, don't forget it will need a belt change next year, might be sensible to budget for this now.

If you want a real improvement fit some semi slicks.

£400 on a set of hankook rs2s will improve braking, acceleration and cornering.

Then some money on tuition.

Prices vary on cams and fitting mate. I got mine done when it was rebuilt the first time, cams, skimming, ported cylinders, oversized forged pistons, forged con rods and bolts, 480 cc injectors cost me £3200 in parts and labour. Followed by a second rebuild 2 months later for re-cut valve seats, 1mm bigger valves, uprated valve springs, ktec pro with 100 cell cat + a full overhaul of the mapping with a new ecu was a further £3600. Add kwv3's at a further 1300 and a gearbox rebuild with a quaiffe diff £1400 and you got yourself a meen machine :smile: i forgot to do a progress thread as the car was in the workshop for 3 months doing all my work and after i was busy driving it.

I saw 231.2 peak bhp on the rollers and pulls low down in every gear (tonnes of torque) but tbh regret doing it now, the car is un-driveable at low speed the clutch needs changing every 12k and is very harsh when changing gear. It returns 17 - 20mpg ish around town. Its fun but if you do it the car cant be your daily driver.

Prices vary on cams and fitting mate. I got mine done when it was rebuilt the first time, cams, skimming, ported cylinders, oversized forged pistons, forged con rods and bolts, 480 cc injectors cost me £3200 in parts and labour. Followed by a second rebuild 2 months later for re-cut valve seats, 1mm bigger valves, uprated valve springs, ktec pro with 100 cell cat + a full overhaul of the mapping with a new ecu was a further £3600. Add kwv3's at a further 1300 and a gearbox rebuild with a quaiffe diff £1400 and you got yourself a meen machine :smile: i forgot to do a progress thread as the car was in the workshop for 3 months doing all my work and after i was busy driving it.

I saw 231.2 peak bhp on the rollers and pulls low down in every gear (tonnes of torque) but tbh regret doing it now, the car is un-driveable at low speed the clutch needs changing every 12k and is very harsh when changing gear. It returns 17 - 20mpg ish around town. Its fun but if you do it the car cant be your daily driver.

it still can be, just depends on how hard core u go, tbh i dont think the cams are really worth upgrading

:uk::tongueout:ics::smiley:

Ive got around £4000 to spend, already been on a few track days and lessons so need for spends there.

im going to probably do the following:

Change filter to the itg panel filter £50

Have a new akrapovic exhaust system added £890

Have the skirts and front lower valance on £500

Remap - £300

also got to get my boot resprayed as some d**k head keyed it. £500 ( getting other bits sorted too)

cost - £2240

any suggestions on anything else?

edit - also going to change the hosing to match my yellow car

Last edited:
Ive got around £4000 to spend, already been on a few track days and lessons so need for spends there.

Remap - £300

also got to get my boot resprayed as some d**k head keyed it. £500 ( getting other bits sorted too)

cost - £2240

Coilovers? Lightweight wheels? Better tyres?

it still can be, just depends on how hard core u go, tbh i dont think the cams are really worth upgrading

Cams are essential for performance over 5.5k the car turns into a missile on wheels.

890 is just the silencer slip on system isnt it. IMO itd be better to buy the full system n spend the extra cash. Is it made from titanium is that y its so expensive?

890 is just the silencer slip on system isnt it. IMO itd be better to buy the full system n spend the extra cash. Is it made from titanium is that y its so expensive?

+ 1. It aint that much more for the full Evolution system over the slip on system.

Its awesome.

Remap - £300

cost - £2240

Where did you get the price for the skirts and valance?

i just put 500 for trims etc.

im guessing you can get it cheaper then?

looking at getting the spolier too.

The akrapovic evolution exhaust is what i think im going to go for - does anybody know where i could get this done?