197: Decided to stop spending money on the Clio.

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I have made the decision to stop spending money on my Clio (Not that I spend a lot in the scheme of things).

Basically I am probably going to keep my Clio for the rest of the year and then look at getting a 200 or Megane in the new year.

I love my 197 but on a 56 plate anything I spend on it now I am definately not going to get back so I will be using my money now to fill it with Super Unleaded and get myself some nice cleaning products together. There are still a few things that need doing to my Clio.....separation between the front bumper and wing needs sorting.....so will address them as well.

I am leaning more towards a 200 in all honesty......I like a Black 'full fat' with Cup pack and recaros. I have seen a couple around which I like so hopefully when I am looking more seriously there will be plenty to choose from.

Sorry if you read all this and were expecting something more interesting but I thought I would just share my plans :smiley:

Last edited:
From the images I have seen the MK4 doesn't tempt me at all.

I have been looking at various cars recently and for the money/spec the Clio beats most things hands down so the next logical step seems to be the 200. As I said am also tempted by Meganes but the Clio really does put a smile on my face.

Yeah, I'm with above. Going from a MK3 with 197bhp to a MK3 with 3BHP more just seems like a huge waste of money to me. :/ TURBO! :smiley:

I have decided to sell the Clio now. In no rush to but going to start advertising it in the usual places now and see what interest I get.

You decided on your next car?

I keep saying to myself (And the wife) I'm gonna stop spending money on the 200. That was interior parts painting, white cup racers and KW Clubsports ago lol.

Good luck with the sale mate, seems like a lot of people are getting rid at the moment. :worried:

I keep saying to myself (And the wife) I'm gonna stop spending money on the 200. That was interior parts painting, white cup racers and KW Clubsports ago lol.

Yeah I know this one mate.

In May 2010, somebody said ''I'm not going to do anything to it, it's superb as it is''... Then before the car was ready to pick that same person had bought an ITG Panel Filter, some Wind Deflectors (that never got fitted and are still in the shed) and some RS Tailpipes...

Through 2011, somebody bought some H&Rs and Cup Dampers and HEL Hoses and a 200 Cell and a Cat-Back...

Then in 2012 this same somebody bought a 64mm TB and a V6 Airbox...

FOR F?CKS SAKE SOMEBODY TAKE MY DEBIT CARD OFF ME!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Love the Clio and there isn't any reason for getting rid of it apart from fancying something new.

I am looking out for a Mini GP. I had a standard 1.6 Cooper a few years ago and it was a cracking car and always wanted a Cooper S or similar. A GP passed me on the motorway a few days back and I fell in love with it.

Thing I'm just trying to get my head around is with the Clio or other cars for that matter you seem to get 'more for your money'. But its a fantastic looking car haha and all the reviews I read seem to be good.