Harness bar - I've bought one....

Saw this at french car show on Meg 265. Nice idea as you can retain the back seats. Unfortunately Ktec don't do it for Clio (yet?) I'm speaking to some locally to do something similar......

Last edited:
Top man, you know I'm interested mate as discussed at FCS.

Couldn't believe how much the bloke said it cost tho..

Another pic. If anyone (aside from Fernandez) is serious about having one, I'll explore developing them further (the bloke will be more interested especially if he's potentially making a few)

Last edited:
I'm on it...will update in the week. I know people have worked it out but cross bar will just bolt out so your back seats will be retained. The only thing you'll have is two 'L' shape bars down each side. I'm guessing these like on the pics could be powder coated or painted red, white, black or yellow.

Last edited:
These were requested for the mk2 Clio from ktec years ago. As usual nothing.

Great idea but would have to be built proper.

Litchy it might be worth giving the guys at Caged, aka The Roll Cage People, a ring if nothing comes of it from your contact. These are the guys who made "The Oulton Cage" and indeed do the current cage that MSV use in their M3s. They're not based too far from us either and I'm sure they already do something similar for the EK9 Civic...

These were requested for the mk2 Clio from ktec years ago. As usual nothing.

Great idea but would have to be built proper.

Litchy it might be worth giving the guys at Caged, aka The Roll Cage People, a ring if nothing comes of it from your contact. These are the guys who made "The Oulton Cage" and indeed do the current cage that MSV use in their M3s. They're not based too far from us either and I'm sure they already do something similar for the EK9 Civic...

He's makes custom bars and many other parts for Motorsport. Seen the work in his workshop, you'd be surprised who he's supplied to.

Too early for me unfortunately mate, need to make the belts a priority really I'm afraid.

Will be good to see them though and I think they could be a popular item!!! :smile:

Good stuff!!! :smile:

Too early for me unfortunately mate, need to make the belts a priority really I'm afraid.

Will be good to see them though and I think they could be a popular item!!! :smile:

The cross bar bolts with two nuts each side. Means that you can remove it in 5 mins so you retain your back seats and normal seat belts mate. All you'll have is 2 L shape bars each side. Look at pic, seat belts still functional....

Last edited:
It's a good solution to getting harnesses in safely, you could even do a ''poverty'' spec one that just runs between the pillars without coming down and into the sill, bolting between the seatbelt mounts... Although I'm not sure if that might mean that the bar would be a little high in relation to where it sits on that one.

Now 250 engines well on the way, back to get these made. Going to visit track and field who make roll bars to start the ball rollin'.....