Harness bar - I've bought one....

Thinking about it, i was going to buy a strut brace and put them on that but found out it wasnt strong enough for them,

sooo would this amazing contraption be able to be mounted in the boot so the bar the harnesses are on in the pics is behind the rear seat head rests?

Thinking about it, i was going to buy a strut brace and put them on that but found out it wasnt strong enough for them,

sooo would this amazing contraption be able to be mounted in the boot so the bar the harnesses are on in the pics is behind the rear seat head rests?

Currently these are only made for the 250.

If you look on the other pics, there are a 'L' shape bar (pic 2) that are connected to the existing seat belt mounts. These are permanently attached and colour coded (yellow in pics) just look like a feature in the car. The harness bar bolts across to attach (pic 3) which means you have the option to have harness belts for track days, then remove the bar to retain the back seats...perfect

Last edited:
Finally spoke with engineer company. The make roll cages and bars for track cars and 4x4's. I've agreed to pay £350 which will come unpainted. I'll have mine painted for about £40 or might even cover them in Alcantara? If anyone's interested, let me know, might be able to do something for first 5 bars.

wow outch, so its a trade off for 350 for this of use the rear struct brace ?

I know...ouch indeed. I recon if we had 10 defs, he couldn't turn down 3 grand. Its a nice piece of kit if its made to the same spec as Ktecs and also no messing about with removing rear seats. Also, sell on value would remain high too so you'll pretty much get your money back on these. I'm def having one cause just look pretty cool in my opinion....

brace1.jpg

Last edited:
Another supplier seen today £250 each unpainted. Anyone interested. Mine goes in a couple of weeks to get measured up.....

That's what they told me too, but with the utmost respect to ktec, they aren't the quickest at developing stuff. I doubt you see it for at least a year.....

Like the induction kit? :lol:

The harness bar's are cracking i dear, i'd have one if price was ok

Anyone seriously interested, I'll speak to Mods about a group buy. Spoke with him today and he's clearly saying that once the equipment set up, it's easier to make them collectively than individual orders. The persons work is very good and won't be going in my car if I didn't know it would be right. My car will be going to be measured to build first bar in 2 weeks. Obviously more power to our elbow if I'm going with a few orders. Bars really cool and superb that you retain your rear seats and bolt bar in for harness 'as and when'. I'm painting my bars LY....

Last edited: