Hardest Job I've Ever Done On A Car.....

Well finally got the car rebuilt and back on the road today :biggrin:

Managed to lock the drop link with a pair of molegrips and get the nut off :zap:

Thanks to everyone who gave advice and kept me going :thumbup1:

This is the subframe dropped as much as you can without removing the hubs / driveshafts....

Attachments

• DSCN0558.JPG
    DSCN0558.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 289
View of the gap from the top, the manifold has to pass between the body and the steering rack....

Attachments

• DSCN0560.JPG
    DSCN0560.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 267
And finally the scissor jack used to push the engine forward for more clearance....

Attachments

• DSCN0564.JPG
    DSCN0564.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 229
Yeah I did this horrible job as well!! I took the subframe off completely it makes its easier to get the manifold in and out!! didn't remove the steering rack just let it dangle there!
Also removed my gearbox, which is another horrible job!! you have to basically dismantle the front left of the car, had to take out the radiator and lower the sub-frame to get the gearbox out!! they make these cars so tight to work on!!!!:shout:

hi fellas...a know this an old thread but maybe someone out there may be able to help....had the flexis removed by my local garage,renault trained, mmmm however flexis/manifold ratting under load and feels like a loss of power?....your thoughts.....cheers mark