Hankook v12's

I've now done about 1500 miles in them and to sum it up the Conti's are a rip off!!

Comfort and noise levels are superb with the V12's which is important in a modern hatch and is normally where budget tires fall down.

I only have them on the front at the moment but the dry grip is very very good and yes they really keep you tied down going through corners with no understeer at all.

One thing I have noticed is that although they have better dry grip they seem a bit more skitty. It's almost like you have to do a bit more adjustment with the wheel to keep the nose pointed when you're in a corner (I'm talking on the limit driving here). It's hard to explain and could be just me or that I've got Conti's on the back which maybe causing a minor imbalance which just affects my confidence a little bit.

I'm hoping that this improves when I get the rears changed to V12's. I will of course report back.

I'm interested to hear more from others who have them :smile:

Perhaps check the pressures, I had this feeling when I first had them and it was caused by being overinflated from the fitter.

Pressures are bang on. How do yours feel? Did you have Conti's before to make a direct comparison.

It's probably due to the backs being Conti's and driving on the limit.

Nice one guys, think I'll get her booked in. Sure he said 70 a corner incl fitting, alignment etc which is decent. I'll just be changing the fronts, so will see how the v12/conti mix behaves after a few miles and report back.

Pressures are bang on. How do yours feel? Did you have Conti's before to make a direct comparison.

It's probably due to the backs being Conti's and driving on the limit.

I'm in exactly the same position as you, Conti's on the rear, Conti's on the front before. I think they seem fine, what pressures you putting in them?

The only thing is that I had my car in the winter and didn't push it as much as recently and the Conti's were all but nakered.

Although I don't think it should make much difference, nakered tyres should in theory be better than new ones in the dry because there is more of a contact patch with the black top.

can anyone comment on how these tyres compare with the Toyo T1R? Had these on my 197 and thought they were brilliant, and much better than the Contis, cheaper and looked the nuts too. I dont imagine it will be too long before Im back in the market for tyres so anyone had both? appreciate an opinion.

I had T1-R's and thought they were very average compared to Contis where as the Hankooks are very good. Worst tyres I've tried are Kumho Ku31's.

im on my 4th set of front tyres now with the car being 31k

i have some hankooks ready to fit myself

cant wait to see the difference between them and the toyos i have on now

I think those Toyo's are an old design now, where as the Hankook's are a fairly new design I think.

Definately Toyo's are not gonna be as good as these.

Honest opinion is they are so close to Conti's it's almost impossible to tell.

Similar Thread Suggestions