Hankook V12

Hey guys

Just to say that I have recently had these tyres fitted and so far soooo good!
went with the 91Y reinforced and they feel great!
Great price and they have my recommendation!

Funnily enough I am due to replace my rears within the next month. At present they are conti's Contact sport.

About 6months back I had to put new fronts on and after having conti's on before I thought I would go with something different. Having tried out the Yokohama 048 semi slick trackday tyre during racing, I thought they were good. This made me go for a yokohoma brand road tyre mid range and I am dissappointed by them they aren't as grippy as I thought they would be, so I'll be glad when they run out although i've got alot of tread still to use. lol

Tempted just go for conti's contact sport again for the back or Dunlop Sport Maxx tyre or your recommended Hankook v12 tyre???

Last edited:
I also like Hankook V12s. Got them on my MPS and had them on my Clio. I think the Conti is slightly better than the V12 all round, but the Hankook not only lasts longer and costs less, but I thought the wet grip was marginally superior. Dry grip the CS win.

The hankooks aren't as good as the contis in the dry....however they certainly aren't £70 worse per tyre compared to the contis!!

I'm very happy with the, and at half the price who can complain!

I also like Hankook V12s. Got them on my MPS and had them on my Clio. I think the Conti is slightly better than the V12 all round, but the Hankook not only lasts longer and costs less, but I thought the wet grip was marginally superior. Dry grip the CS win.

Interesting to hear your reviews about the Hankook's V12 mate. Like I said the yokohama rd tyres I have on the front aren't bad, they just aren't as grippy in the dry as the conti's.

My friend said that Pirelli have brought out a rd tyre based Pirreli's technology they use for the GP2 and F1 race slick tyre P Zero. The rd tyre is called Pirelli P Zero Nero. I'll enquire about them but I'm sure they will cost an arm and a let just like the new Michellen Pilot Sports. Howeve, the P Zero Nero's are suppose to be better.

I would say this also ^^^ :thumbup1:

What he said!

Yep I'm with Arran too, the Hankooks might be slightly noisier on the road but again they punch above their weight.

I've done a couple of track days on mine and again they've held up well, especially considering the last one was the 197/200.net How Fast event where there was a mixture of tyres and I kept with the Conti boys all day without a noticeable difference in grip between us. It almost meant I cared less about shredding them on the kirbs (If my misses/insurance company is reading this, I did not shred them on the kirbs...at all...much)

at the end of the day when all is said and done: these tyres all go through the same harsh testing in all conditions and have to meet legal regulations.
For the money Hankook is a no brainer- why buy Contis for another £30-ish per corner when a cheaper tyre is available that ticks all the boxes?

Anyone got a close up photo of the V12 whilst fitted to a 197 wheel?

I'm wanting to see what the rim protection is like?

at the end of the day when all is said and done: these tyres all go through the same harsh testing in all conditions and have to meet legal regulations.
For the money Hankook is a no brainer- why buy Contis for another £30-ish per corner when a cheaper tyre is available that ticks all the boxes?

£30ish...£50ish more like!

I've just bought a pair as my conti's are dead.

£180 for a pair fitted and balanced.

What's everyone else paying?

215/45-17 Y rating

Dirty from a good thrashing round Wales many a moon ago! DSCF2679.jpg

And clean again.

DSCF2688.jpg

Really old one.

DSC05257.jpg

I can't comment on how good the Hankook v12's are, but can comment on how good my Ventus S1 evo's are...much better than the conti's before.

It may be controversial as they are about a 100 each and people may recommend a better tyre for that price, but unless someone can guarantee a better tyre for that price, I'll be getting them again for sure!