Hankook v12's

A2ON

Platinum Member
Simple question

The v12's or the RS2's ?

For road use and occasional track days

Thanks

Not sure, but I'm going for V12s in the next week or so. Heard good things about them and my dad has got some of his Audi TT and he likes them. Seem to be the same sort of quality as Conti's, but at a much more realistic price! I've read that the RS2's are more of a track tyre, so I would stick to the V12s because they are bound to be better for the road and in the wet. Which is where you need the wet grip. If you go off on a track in the wet in to the sand pit then the car is likely to be ok, but on the street it's more likely to be a tree or lamp post you go in to! I know it's nice to have track tyres for the track and good road, but you need to think about how many times you will actually use them for that reason and how many times you are likely to use the car on the road in the wet. That's my opinion anyway!

Yeh my thinking exactlly I do have 888r's now for track so just need the wheels to put them on . :smile:

think it will be the v12's then on the road wheels . Now to decide if I just get fronts or replace all four but the back have a good 6-7mm left (verdistiens)

I'm just going to change the fronts and leave the Conti's on the rear because I've got the same depth situation as you.

Well I was going to, but I rang up a local place called Martini Tyres and they quoted me £68.50 each including fitting and balancing. So I'm going to get them from there I think. They need to order them in and it takes two days, so I'm going to try and get them done on Saturday.

Rang up today to order the V12s from Martini Tyres. They had sold them and said the supplier hadn't got any more either! So I got a quote for 2 Conti's and they were £95! :worried: So I rang the place my dad had his V12s from, Chapel Tyres in West Bromwich. They said exaclty the same thing as Martini! OMG! A short while after, the bloke from Chpel rang me back and said he had found some in London which he could get in a couple of days priced at £76. So I'm having them fitted on Saturday hopefully. But I would say that they are running out in a lot of places, so I would get some quick. I heard on here Camskill hadn't got any either!

Had the V12s fitted today and first impressions are that they are good. It's been raining so far so can only give first impressions on driving in the wet, but they seem to have very good grips levels. Will post again when I have driven them a bit harder in the dry!

Picture of the V12s. Need to clean the car and get rid of the paste stuff they put round the rim!

DSCN2213.jpg

DSCN2214.jpg

Just got home from Wales. The V12s seem very good, I would say marginally better than the Conti's! There were a couple of problems though. On the way there I thought the tyres weren't particularly great, as the car felt strange at higher speeds, as if the front was lifting up and I was loosing grip! So when I got to the camp site I was staying at I checked the tyre pressures (something I forgot to do before I left). The front two tyres were 7.5 PSI over inflated, the offside rear was 5 PSI over inflated and the nearside rear was 5 PSI underinflated! As soon as I altered the pressures to what they should have been the car handled much better.

The next thing was the amount of slow moving traffic on the way home! I was getting really annoyed! I overtook a few cars in a line of 4, but as soon as we got around a few other bends there was a huge line of caravans, vans and other cars. So there was just no point in even trying! I wish I could have had the roads closed!

The third thing was that my missus is a bit of a nervous passenger and keeps telling me to slow down every 10 minutes!

Dispite all of this the tyres do seem good. Especially considering how much they cost!

Great thanks for the review mate . Gonna get these on the vxr if they do then in 19"

19" wheels = money money money! I bet the tyres will cost you a fortune on that mate! Although I have to say I much prefer the look of the 19s over the standard 18s.

I have V12's on my 200. Got them from camskill for £65 a corner.

Brilliant tyre IMO. Lovely comfort and noise levels and superb dry grip. Wet grip is good aswell.

Def drop the overpriced Conti's for these. I think they'll last longer aswell as the compound seems harder.

Just ordered some to go on the back as my conti's on the front still have a fair bit of tread left. £62 each off camskill, not bad imo

I had them on my 197 and gave them a fairly good beasting, and have them again on my R26 and I'm nothing short of impressed for the money. They seem to last well too, I ate a pair of SC3's in 6k on my Clio!!!

SC3's are better, but not half the life, twice the price, better!

@ arranshuker: Any update on these with a few more miles done on them. Going for two fronts next week me thinks.

I bought a full set of V12 EVO's back in November for use on road and track. I've just replaced the fronts and the rears have about 4mm tread left.

Not bad considering I've done 4 trackdays on them too!

Yes done about 750 miles on them now I think. I've done a lot of miles recently, Wales just after I had them, FCS, Loughborough for my driving experience and other driving round too! They are really very good. I think they are much better than the Conti's. They don't give up as easily to understeer, they brake well and they barely lose traction when accelerating. Worth twice the price in my opinion! If they wear well I'll definately be buying some more - especially considering how cheap they are! I also think they look better on the car too!

Similar Thread Suggestions