Hamilton at Mercedes in 2013

looks like the 1.6 turbo v6 wont be comming in 2014, bernie says they sound ****, and that he will convience jean todt to delay this engines for 2 or 3 years. this could mean that hamilton definetly made a mistake by going to mercedes.

looks like the 1.6 turbo v6 wont be comming in 2014, bernie says they sound ****, and that he will convience jean todt to delay this engines for 2 or 3 years. this could mean that hamilton definetly made a mistake by going to mercedes.

Can't see why that would make a difference to Hamilton, tbf he's not going to change teams just because there may be a rule change in a couple of years. New rules are proposed, investigated and dropped all the time.

They've already dropped the proposed 4cyl engines as Ferrari pissed and moaned about it (also the small issue of them not being able to use them as a load bearing structure and having to build a space frame rear end to support them was another issue).

To be honest I think it'll be a smart move for F1 to move to V6 Turbo engines, it suits the domestic car markets trend for downsizing and forced induction. Meaning there'll be a better drip feed of technology through the engineering, which'll keep Manufacturers and Engine suppliers happy to spend the money on the sport.

Enough about Hamilton...

Prost has been doing demo runs in the 2010 Red Bull and is set to do some more work in one that's had the new engine fitted as part of his ambassador role for Renault... Somebody take a chance and give the guy a seat, so what he's 57, but I bet he's still got the magic.

Enough about Hamilton...

Prost has been doing demo runs in the 2010 Red Bull and is set to do some more work in one that's had the new engine fitted as part of his ambassador role for Renault... Somebody take a chance and give the guy a seat, so what he's 57, but I bet he's still got the magic.

He's a legend but unfortunately his uber areodynamic nose was outlawed so he had to retire. It was suggested that he fit DRS to his plonk in order to get round the ban but as the only person authorised complete such an operation was the late Prof Sid Watkins this will obviously never happen.