Hamilton at Mercedes in 2013

Fernandez

Gold Member
So he's leaving Mclaren to be with Ross Braun, very interesting. Will we see a repeat of the success Ross had with Michael?

The situation is very similar. When already a world champion young Shumi joined a team that was'nt to doing as well as it could. The partnership between him and Braun was to bring to an end 13 years of Ferrari misery and create one of the most successful partnerships/team there as been.

I reckon Lewis has made the right move, 2013 will be very interesting

Last edited:
I don't think money comes into it to be honest. In a way money is irrelevant to them, how much do you need lol he'll have enough for 5 lifetimes by now :lol:

I think he just wants a change to see what it's like, he might enjoy it or have his eyes opened to how good he has it at McLaren.

Meh, I think Hamilton is an all round tool. Can't be done with the guy. Yes great driver and loves taking a risk, but his attitude sucks and I generally just never want him to win.

But I don't think it's a money move, the Mclaren car has let him down quite a bit this past season or two, including random failures and the whole pit stop carry on. So it's probably just a fresh scene for him really. But saying that, I do think he will have been offered a generous pay check.

Never mind 2013 I think 2014 is going to be epic, if Mercedes are still supplying engines to mclaren it will be good to see how the cars and driver compare

I think he'll have a poor year but 2014 will be good, new engine regs if they come in.

This is what most experts think also. 2013 will be a tough year. But the potential is there for multi year success from 2014.

Will be very interesting to see how Perez does in a top team.

lauda isnt capable of doing anything good as a manager, look what he did to jaguar when he was in charge, he will do the same to mercedes, incompetent is the word to describe him as a manager. hamilton made a mistake in my opinion, when ross was at ferrari with michael, they both had a good team of enginers with them like rory byrne, paolo martinelli and so on, mercedes doesnt have anything. brawn and schumacher/hamilton, cant do anyting alone, they need a good team as any other would, but they dont have it.

lauda isnt capable of doing anything good as a manager, look what he did to jaguar when he was in charge, he will do the same to mercedes, incompetent is the word to describe him as a manager. hamilton made a mistake in my opinion, when ross was at ferrari with michael, they both had a good team of enginers with them like rory byrne, paolo martinelli and so on, mercedes doesnt have anything. brawn and schumacher/hamilton, cant do anyting alone, they need a good team as any other would, but they dont have it.

True, but lets not forget that the before Braun and the gang Ferrari endured 13 years of misery, the team was disorganised and not functioning as an F1 team should do.

For example engineers in the factory used to smoke whilst building an engine, not the mindset of an F1 team. Brawn, Todd & co changed that and went on to claim 13 championships.

Give it a few years and Mercedes could be a force to be reckoned with.

I think it good Hamilton going Mercedes. The Mclaren had made too many mistake for Hamilton.

If he won that last race in singapore, that could be he will stay Mclaren.

I find hamilton to be a bit of a bellend tbh

I'm unsure if its for cash or championships,mainly because we all know that Ross Brawn Knows his stuff

I find hamilton to be a bit of a bellend tbh

I'm unsure if its for cash or championships,mainly because we all know that Ross Brawn Knows his stuff

Tbf he is a bellend who loves to throw his dummy out of the pram. Personally I don't like him much but I do reckon that him, brawn and Mercedes will be very successful

True, but lets not forget that the before Braun and the gang Ferrari endured 13 years of misery, the team was disorganised and not functioning as an F1 team should do.

For example engineers in the factory used to smoke whilst building an engine, not the mindset of an F1 team. Brawn, Todd & co changed that and went on to claim 13 championships.

Give it a few years and Mercedes could be a force to be reckoned with.

But the current Mercedes team has been run by Ross for the last few years (since it was Brawn GP) before that, and they've underachieved repeatedly for the last few years.

I don't really blame Hamilton for leaving, most people will slag him off because they don't like change, but mclaren have been under performing too like others have said (pits stops, bad strategy, reliability, slow quali pace etc etc.) which are all things mclaren aren't known for.

Perez deserves a chance at a top level team, and Ferrari don't seem to want to give him a seat, so that's a nice move.

Roll on 2014 for the new engine regs and we'll really see how all teams are working together, once the dust has settled and they've had a couple of years to work on their new cars (they've known about the new v6's for a while)

But the current Mercedes team has been run by Ross for the last few years (since it was Brawn GP) before that, and they've underachieved repeatedly for the last few years.

I don't really blame Hamilton for leaving, most people will slag him off because they don't like change, but mclaren have been under performing too like others have said (pits stops, bad strategy, reliability, slow quali pace etc etc.) which are all things mclaren aren't known for.

Perez deserves a chance at a top level team, and Ferrari don't seem to want to give him a seat, so that's a nice move.

Roll on 2014 for the new engine regs and we'll really see how all teams are working together, once the dust has settled and they've had a couple of years to work on their new cars (they've known about the new v6's for a while)

Quite right but Ross joined Ferarri when there were no budget restrictions and Ferrari had no problem with spending 250,000,000 a year plus in getting everything in place. Brawn GP had a fraction of that to set everything up

Hamilton wants to win, just as every other grand prix driver. With the budget restriction I really can't see Mercedes giving LH a race winning car, not now, not ever. They are ages behind and with the money limitation it will be impossible for them to catch up. That's good stuff indeed, because I really don't like the bloke:smile:

Change is always good!
And it should spice things up even more...
I'm interested in what Schuey is gonna do!