Had a bit of a flirt on the forecourt today

Really? Not seen that one, TBH I was basing it on the timings up Harewood hillclimb in last months TG Hot Hatch Mega Test...

They are a chav's ultimate dream car or a midlife crisis car. See quite a few older blokes driving them. I think it has taken over from the Scooby Doo!

They are a chav's ultimate dream car or a midlife crisis car. See quite a few older blokes driving them. I think it has taken over from the Scooby Doo!

Its true Arran, the only guys who i've seen driving these are 40+ yers old and have a dolly bird in the passenger seat :w00t:
There are a few in Sheffield in that Kermit the frog green and the others i've seen are white.
The age thing might be to do with insurance and they are a bit pricey too.
They are just too OTT for me, performance aside you'd feel a right T1T driving one (well i would).
I like the fact the Clio is subtle but effective :thumbsup:

YES! Well said!

Thats all i ever see! Either some balding 40 year old dropping their kids off at school with all the 11 years saying "wikid car m8" and him sat there feeling smug that kids like him.... (eeewwww)

Or... some tart breezing about in one...

However i did come across a younger person in one and was hoping (after he clocked me) that he would give it legs down one of my favourite roads... instead he tootled along, and then pulled over after driving through a slightly muddy puddle to give it a wipe down.... :s

Although i did then come across a Ford/RS meeting about 2 miles later lol

Do people not know that dirty cars are faster lol?

Its true Arran, the only guys who i've seen driving these are 40+ yers old and have a dolly bird in the passenger seat :w00t:
There are a few in Sheffield in that Kermit the frog green and the others i've seen are white.
The age thing might be to do with insurance and they are a bit pricey too.
They are just too OTT for me, performance aside you'd feel a right T1T driving one (well i would).
I like the fact the Clio is subtle but effective :thumbsup:
only over 40s can seem to afford them
alot i see are over 50 all of them are white

That green 200 on that video is my car btw;P why i got it cheap:tongueout:......also a focus RS is a chav's Wetdream :tongueout:

e.g. one day at my work we had a maserati gran turismo S and a ferrari 430 in and he said he would rather have a focus RS at first i thought he was doing a Karl pilkington type gormless impression but no he was serious.....****ing get real ewwww :tongueout:

now comparing it to a clio i have no real opinion other than i liked the clio so i bought one obviously:tongueout:, given 50 grand i wouldnt get a focus RS or how ever much they are:tongueout:

Last edited:
Think they're only about £25 - 30k. But for that money you could have a nice S3.

THe FRS lot actually seem like a decent lot to be fair.

Some of them were really keen to have a look at a 197/200 when I was in Germany

Thanks Mike :thumbup:

I've enjoyed reading all of the comments on this thread! Woody's and arranshuker's posts are particularly "entertaining" :biggrin:

Slime: nice photo! :smile:

John
A Visitor from the Focus RSOC!

dscf4977forfrsoc.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha ha.

Single make forums, you can't beat 'em. Nothing else in the world is better than your car, that is until you buy another car, then nothing is better than that... etc etc etc.

How many have actually spent time driving an FRS properly, not a 15 minute pootle of a test drive?

Looks are subjective, there's plenty of people think a 197/200 is a chav car too. Hell I own one and I'd still never take mine to a client's, a nice restaurant/hotel or anywhere else where you make an impression.

A good car is a good car, regardless of the badge.

Last edited:
I owned a mk2 FRS for 8 months and did 14,000miles in it including a trip the ring. I now have a Clio 200 FF.

The RS *IS* a better car, no doubt about that what so ever... however, when it comes to bang for buck and just out right fun then the clio is better in this respect. But if money is no object and as an everyday prospect, the RS wins handsdown.

It all just depends what you want and how much you want to spend tbh.