GTR day at Silverstone

Always loved the GTR, now i've driven one, love them even more. What a car, an absolute animal in a straight line

Will try and get the odd pic / video up

Got about 6 laps out to just hammer it round, come in for a break then back out for the same again.

Few other cars on track at the same time (V8 vantage a, 360's and evoras) but the GTR just flys past them.

But at 22 I don't have 50k spare and certainly won't get insured :worried:uqaretez.jpgygu5u9yt.jpgupa3a4uj.jpg

Gtrs are awesome, can pick them up for around £30k now, I wonder how much they will be in 5 years time, and I wonder what needs replacing ? Could be a money pit, I still have to own on though

Gtrs are awesome, can pick them up for around £30k now, I wonder how much they will be in 5 years time, and I wonder what needs replacing ? Could be a money pit, I still have to own on though

No could be about it, once out of warranty they are a money pit, hence the low residuals.

Iirc a gearbox replacement is around 12K.

I've still got to book mine, girlfriend got me 10 laps for my birthday. Seems like you had a good time! Is it alone or with instructor?

I've still got to book mine, girlfriend got me 10 laps for my birthday. Seems like you had a good time! Is it alone or with instructor?

It's with an instructor. On my Audi one last year he was saying when to change gear, everytime to brake / turn etc etc but yesterday the guy pretty much left me to do it. At the start he helped with the best/fastest line.

No could be about it, once out of warranty they are a money pit, hence the low residuals.

Iirc a gearbox replacement is around 12K.

not really, my dads had his from new for over 4 years now and it's just the sevicables that cost the money and petrol of course. There are some excellent independents around now that are far superior than the Nissan HPC's and much more reasonable rates too.

The gearbox's are actually very strong, sometimes the solenoid can stop working which is a relatively cheap fix and first gear/circlip needs an upgrade around the 650-700 bhp mark.

The very bottom end of market gets you an 08 jap import put the first UK ones still fetch a decent price - residuals are strong - the Dad got his when VAT was 15% and the scrapage scheme was on so came in at around £50k new and is now probably sat around the £35k mark 4 years on. The price of new ones have steadily risen and I think the MY13's are listed at around £75k which is bonkers to say it hasn't evolved that much!!

They are absolute beasts, especially when tuned - a real handful in the wet too actually so you have to tread carefully, a bit unfair that it got labelled like driving a playstation - normally by those who haven't driven one and been left with brown trousers!!

Who was your instructor Steve, I know a few that work at Silverstone.. You said it was a man so that rules out Abbie, who is a very quick lady... Lol