God damn weather!!!

Why is the weather so flipping awful all the time! all i want to do is clean my car and do abit of work on it but the damn english weather seems to have very different ideas about that!!
I just want to treat it too some nice new parts but im not allowed lol!

Well i need to fit a new headlight, which i believe requires the bumper coming off.
I need to adjust/take off the diffuser cuz theres a knocking noise.
My wheels need a refurb but want to wait till after bad weather.
change of steering wheel and cleaning of seatbelts and leather, altho the weather doesnt stop me doing these i just dont have the motivation in the coldness lol

Well i need to fit a new headlight, which i believe requires the bumper coming off.
I need to adjust/take off the diffuser cuz theres a knocking noise.
My wheels need a refurb but want to wait till after bad weather.
change of steering wheel and cleaning of seatbelts and leather, altho the weather doesnt stop me doing these i just dont have the motivation in the coldness lol

So when i say new parts, not quite just a few little things lol nothing major, i cant afford that atm lol

The banging noise is most likely the boot lid unless you have already investigated?

When you change the headlight, be aware that you have to remove a bumper support from the bottom of one and fix it onto the new one. It is riveted onto the old one, so you need to drill out the rivets.

Also, when you are changing the bulbs, bracket, etc. over be very careful not to scratch the new headlamp - been there, done that! Have some Meguiars PlasteX (PlastRX?) on hand, just in case.

Before you remove the diffuser, spray some WD40 on the two most forward (furthest under the car) bolts - I managed to shear mine off and had to remove the brackets, grind off the remainder and weld in new bolts (well I didn't, but my friend Paul the technician did, while I watched). Also be careful with the various tabs that slot into the bumper, they will be especially brittle in this weather.

arron - Whats this noise from the bootlid? my first inspection was gona be the exhaust/diffuser. Where else shud i be looking?

Cheers ralphyBMW i didnt realise it was riveted on, this is why i want nice weather so i can take my time or even take two days if need be, i dont want to rush it lol. Thinking of the diffuser i may just leave it, expensive fix if i break anything lol

Yeah im curious what the boot lid issue is?? Mine went into Renfault and they changed the boot locking mechanism which made it better but its still there...

Ralphy pardon my ignorance but whats a striker? you referring to the metal 'hook' on the bottom of the boot that the boot lid clasps to?

This boot lid issue - is it when changing gear?

I get a knocking sound when I change gear at lower revs before the car has warmed up, once warm it usually stops though.

I t5hink the weather has messed up the locking on the car.

Got into it fine this moring and went to fill up. Took 2 attempts to lock the car when I went to pay and then I couldn't re-open it. Had to use the emergency key to unlock and then went to the train station. Couldn't lock the car at all no matter what I tried and ended up heading home as there was no way in hell I was leaving it unlocked all day!

Going to try the spare key and replace the batteries tonight, hope it fixes the problem!

im not impressed by the weather either, going to work the other morning, following the tracks in the snow, the deep snow in the middle had turned to ice, make a right raquet under the car, the exhaust has cracked on center box, and the baffles are rattling about inside, not happy, what makes it worse, car warranty ran out 2 weeks ago, gutted

This boot lid issue - is it when changing gear?

I get a knocking sound when I change gear at lower revs before the car has warmed up, once warm it usually stops though.

Can anyone link me to more information on this boot issue?

I get a knock/clunking noise in the morning for the first 5 mins when I change gear. Pretty annoying :/