God damn spoiler screws!

Does anyone have any good tips on how to solve the problem of my rusting screws on the end plates of the cup spoiler? Is it a case of new ones and then paint them? or can they be cleaned up? Are new ones even available or shal i just find a match at a local diy store? There doing my head in!

Could you get them anodized? Might look quite cool. You can buy all kinds of things on the net, just need to know what size it is.

Anyone ?

I'm getting a teplacement due to a paint issue so could ask for them to be measured then if no one already knows :smile:

gotta be black screws. draw as little attention as possible to them, how long have you had your spoiler on out of curiosity? Rusting doesnt sound good.

My car is an 07 plate and its been on since new. they all rust as far as i know.
Right chaps, the screws are as follows
Lenght: 40mm/1"1/2
Width: 5mm
The screw has a 10mm head using a T25 torx bit.
There is 2mm between each thread down the screw.
Heres a photo explaining abit better. Rubbish quality but hopefully you can make it out.
Now just to find where to get them......

Attachments

• SDC11672.jpg
    SDC11672.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
I want 2 black ones so if anyone fancies sourcing some I would happly buy some from them?

I will have a gander next week when I am at ermmm "work" sure I can sort soemthing out! :wink:

well i found some paint in the garage today and managed to get a couple of layers of paint on them, they look ok, really takes the attention of them and now i no longer have rusty old looking screws. :smile: