Girl friends new toy

Hello all

Twisted my girl friends arm to sell her nasty cooper S soft top for a Clio 197. I could not be happier! She on the other hand is not best pleased :001_rolleyes:.

Tidy little car with only 45k on the clock, completely standard so a nice base to start from.

media_zpscedb53c0.gif

media6_zpsc2a9d407.gif

Just want to keep it nice and suttle so the future plans are:

• Refurbish the alloys
  • Coilovers
  • Wheel spacers

I have a van for day to day work but plan to use the Clio as and when I can as my toy has become a little too much for the road.

15065941373_1205a48f94_c.jpg
DSC_2316 by bigbossw, on Flickr

492F24F9-8088-4450-B9E3-40DB24264773_zpsnifhozdc.jpg

I'm new to the Clio world and haven't used a nippy front wheel drive since my 205 GTI 1.9 Miami blue. So any recommendations will be appreciated.

Welcome. A lot of people get a sprint booster to sharpen the throttle response. You will read a few reviews saying they are pointless, but I couldn't not have one on mine.

Sounds to me like its your new toy, maybe you should have bought it for yourself and kept the mini for your missus.

welcome anyway, +1 on the sprint booster, worth every penny and more!

Thanks for your welcome guys :smile:

Sounds to me like its your new toy, maybe you should have bought it for yourself and kept the mini for your missus.

welcome anyway, +1 on the sprint booster, worth every penny and more!

Haha no the Clio is 100% her's. An mine comes out on days when you can get heat in the tyres, 265 semi slicks don't work this time of year even with low PSI's.

Not really a massive fan of sprint boosters, have sports mode in my M3 and all it seams to do is make the throttle far too violent and twice as easy to spin up the wheels when you don't want to.

Would be useful to know what coilovers to go for? Not wanting to go KW money as will be wasted on her but something half decent.

Some new springs? Not sure budget coilies are worth it, as the standard setup is decent, but I could well be wrong.

Haha no the Clio is 100% her's. An mine comes out on days when you can get heat in the tyres, 265 semi slicks don't work this time of year even with low PSI's.

Not really a massive fan of sprint boosters, have sports mode in my M3 and all it seams to do is make the throttle far too violent and twice as easy to spin up the wheels when you don't want to.

Would be useful to know what coilovers to go for? Not wanting to go KW money as will be wasted on her but something half decent.

This is a 200hp clio, not an M3, my next door neighbours old M3 spun in 4th lol.

There is a two modes, the first is how the car should be from the factory, the second is for the track and is how you described, a bit too much, worth a pop for £150 and you easily resell if you dont like it, people always after them :smile:

Thanks guys

Today is the first time I'm going to ba able to give the Clio a good going over see if it needs for anything. May delete the rear wiper too.

Welcome. M3 Estoril Blue is my favourite colour. Do you have a build thread somewhere?

I'd keep the rear wiper - useful in this weather if she drives on motorway at all.

M3 looks nice, rear wiper delete looks good, but honestly the Clio sprays sh*t up the back of it like no other car I've owned due to the rear diffuser. Not having one would drive me mad at this time of year.

Similar Thread Suggestions