Fuel

95 RON is fine, its all mine has ever had from new, I only use Shell but thats just my choice. What ever petrol you use will not make the light come on (or make it go off again) that is usually caused by a end of life CAT or sensor.

I always use v-power because I find it has helped with the cold start issue. Dont get any kangarooing now been using purly v-power

You can use normal 95 but you'll find the car will run slightly better on the premium stuff.
Is there a message as well as the engine management light?

The message is check emissions.?

I was using 95 for about 3 months and over the past 2 i have used premium i cant see much of a difference.. I don't really have any shell garages near me.? Grr!

:rofl:

Filling with super unleaded is easy in most places, but, when i went to the highlands in October i couldn't find any anywhere! tried so many garages but never came across the premium stuff once when in Scotland. I know this is slightly off topic but has anyone know if there is any up that way?

Nah we all go about on horses no need for fuel. We do have tescos,shell,bp never had problem getting fuel. Also when on bike in the beautiful highlands can manage to get fool as R1 runs ruff with standard fuel. Biggest problem i have is when in England they won't take my money at fuel stations lol

The message is check emissions.?

I was using 95 for about 3 months and over the past 2 i have used premium i cant see much of a difference.. I don't really have any shell garages near me.? Grr!

...needs to go on a diagnostic machine

it hasnt been decated as it hana? Try and get a picture from under the car.

Its booked in for a diagnostic check tomorrow morning.. Not gonna de-cat it YET because got my MOT in May no point to have to sort it all out again then. Will try get my friend to put it up on the ramp so i can have a look under it, don't think it can be the CAT to be honest it would be getting louder wouldnt it.?

Its booked in for a diagnostic check tomorrow morning.. Not gonna de-cat it YET because got my MOT in May no point to have to sort it all out again then. Will try get my friend to put it up on the ramp so i can have a look under it, don't think it can be the CAT to be honest it would be getting louder wouldnt it.?

It will sound just the same, the CAT soaks up the damaging gases as they pass through it, there comes a point where it cant soak up any more and you need a new one.

i was asking because, you said its got a ktec exhaust on, just wondering whether the one cat had been removed, causing the the light to come on now and again.

Well just had the diagnostic check and well they have said its definatly the CAT and the emmissions taking it down the garage saturday morning for them to do an emissions check to see if they are high etc. Then if they arent im gonna have a ECU re-map dont because the CAT is janspeed sports CAT so the car wont recognise the emmissions given from them

Well just had the diagnostic check and well they have said its definatly the CAT and the emmissions taking it down the garage saturday morning for them to do an emissions check to see if they are high etc. Then if they arent im gonna have a ECU re-map dont because the CAT is janspeed sports CAT so the car wont recognise the emmissions given from them

the 197 has 2 lambda sensors - 1 before the cat and 1 after - the second sensor is used to check the conversion efficency of the cat/1st lambda sensor - so if the sports cat isnt cleaning the exhaust gases up as a standard one then that could be the reason for the light coming on - i think that a re-map doesnt touch the "lambda closed loop" running of the engine and therefore wouldnt stop the fault...but the garage my know a way around this - but just be careful

Similar Thread Suggestions