Fuel

Hey guys

Just a quickie I have 197 Clio Cup what fuel do you all use.? Im being told differently all the time. My engine management light still wont go off even with a soft reset.

Thanks

Han

I use V-Power, I have the Shell Garage Finder on my iPhone so I can always find a Shell garage. :smile:

You can use 95 RON upwards. However, the clio does have a knock sensor so it will take advantage of high octane fuel if you wish to use it.

You can use normal 95 but you'll find the car will run slightly better on the premium stuff.
Is there a message as well as the engine management light?

fuel grade wont bring the light on - its coming on for other reasons!

the engine will adapt to different grades of fuel and most of the time you will not notice

at a guess i would say its probably a lambda sensor fault - plugging in an obd2 reader should tell you the codes :bat:

I always use 99 V-power in everything from the clio 197 to my original 1.4 clio i had :tongueout:

Have previously had my car on 95 due to lack of shell garages though and it didnt seem to run any worse. And its mapped on 99.

I actually choose where i fill up based on the garage's location, not the fuel it offers! For example if i want Shell Vpower the closest Shell garage to me is directly on a VERY busy dual-carrage way with no slip road. So it involves alot of waiting around for a gap then gunning it from standstill into moving traffic. Needless to say alot of bum clenching and near misses have been witnessed when passing by.

However in on a quiet village high street in a 30mph zone is a Total garrage so more often than not for ease of use i just fill up with their 97 Ron offering (Total Excellium?).

Which seems to do the job quite well :smile:

I use any normal unleaded that I find on the road and on track. I never noticed any difference in the 197 so that's what the 200 gets.

:rofl:

Filling with super unleaded is easy in most places, but, when i went to the highlands in October i couldn't find any anywhere! tried so many garages but never came across the premium stuff once when in Scotland. I know this is slightly off topic but has anyone know if there is any up that way?

Similar Thread Suggestions