Front pads and discs dont fit help

ordered my front pads and discs from brembo and tried to get them fitted today. the garage thats fitting them are stating that the discs and pads dont fit. so ive phoned brembo and they have stated that they do fit and that there is no allternative to the pad size theyve sent me part numbers are as follows.
1 x Brembo Front Brake Pad Set (P/N P68033) fits Renault Clio...
Despatched

1 x Brembo Vented Front Brake Discs (P/N 09.8137.24) fits Renault Clio...

are these the correct parts number for the 197 cup need advice ASAP

Next day brakes
Brembo
Part no
Disks 09-8904.10
Pads p68033
Dosent state cup though

roy thats the part number of the pads i got from next day breaks but the pads are far far too small and now next day brakes are claiming that they do not stock parts pecific to the 197. Also turns out the discs they sent me are to fit the 172

roy thats the part number of the pads i got from next day breaks but the pads are far far too small and now next day brakes are claiming that they do not stock parts pecific to the 197. Also turns out the discs they sent me are to fit the 172

You have to put in your make,model and year so they are lying if they saying that mate.tell them to check there own web site knob heads

Look at parts for the Megane 225.

09.8904.10 for the discs

P68036 for the pads

The disc dimensions should have given away that they are wrong.

put in my year and make and ordered the ones that clearly stated they fitted the clio 3 2.0 16v sport. i told them that on the phone and they claimed its a mistake with there online catalouge and that they did not stock parts pecific to the 197. last time i use them lol

nout mate next day brakes breaks r picking up the parts and re funding me the money n then im gonna have to get new discs n pads from probably karl or ebay. fudging radgeing mate i really am

nout mate next day brakes breaks r picking up the parts and re funding me the money n then im gonna have to get new discs n pads from probably karl or ebay. fudging radgeing mate i really am

Dont blame you mate that's ****e

With no disrespect to Karl, who always does the best price he can, but is limited by the price that Renault charge him, but braking consumables are an area where money can be saved without any reduction in quality; this does not just relate to Renault but to most manufacturers.

As many people know, car manufacturers don't really "make" anything themselves, they engineer it, prepare a spec and then assemble components from third party suppliers. Just as tyres will generally come from well regarded manufacturers such as Continental, Michelin and Bridgestone, braking consumables will come from manufacturers such as Brembo, Ferodo, Bosch, Mintex, etc. These parts are generally available cheaper from the aftermarket, and so long as you stick to a recognised manufacturer the quality should be very similar to original equipment.

Unfortunately as Breeny Boy has found out you do need to do your homework and check the dimensions and compatibility as many motor factors do not have proper specs for the Renault Sport models, and can be unaware of the differences between the RS and standard models. The same can be said for some steering components where the RS parts are different so caution is needed.

What I am trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with buying established manufacturers parts from motor factors, but you should always weigh up the cost difference with buying genuine Renault; just don't always expect the genuine Renault part to be automatically be the best value, even if Karl supplies at cost.

With no disrespect to Karl, who always does the best price he can, but is limited by the price that Renault charge him, but braking consumables are an area where money can be saved without any reduction in quality; this does not just relate to Renault but to most manufacturers.

As many people know, car manufacturers don't really "make" anything themselves, they engineer it, prepare a spec and then assemble components from third party suppliers. Just as tyres will generally come from well regarded manufacturers such as Continental, Michelin and Bridgestone, braking consumables will come from manufacturers such as Brembo, Ferodo, Bosch, Mintex, etc. These parts are generally available cheaper from the aftermarket, and so long as you stick to a recognised manufacturer the quality should be very similar to original equipment.

Unfortunately as Breeny Boy has found out you do need to do your homework and check the dimensions and compatibility as many motor factors do not have proper specs for the Renault Sport models, and can be unaware of the differences between the RS and standard models. The same can be said for some steering components where the RS parts are different so caution is needed.

What I am trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with buying established manufacturers parts from motor factors, but you should always weigh up the cost difference with buying genuine Renault; just don't always expect the genuine Renault part to be automatically be the best value, even if Karl supplies at cost.

well put and said :thumbup:

Try GSF car parts mate. they'll know the correct part numbers and they were the cheapest place I found for parts :smile:

Oh and well put Ralphy :thumbup: