Flat tyre

Pav

Hi guys..question is:should i use the foam provided by Renault in case of a puncture??
the reason im askin is that my work mate had a flat tyre after work and i thought of lending him mine but we ended up using his spare wheel..
would there be a damage to the tyre after using foam??
thanks

Not used the foam myself [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] although I do have it, I think it would just make a mess m8 prob the most annoying thing about it.

if you use the foam the tyre is scrap and needs to be replaced, whereas not using it a repair may be possible (if not on sidewall)

When we did the first Yorkshire run Beany had to use the foam to get him home. So it would be good to use in an emergency, but if you can avoid it then that's preferable I suppose.

As [MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION] said, I thought once the foam had been used the tyre is a total write-off? The foam is purely as an emergency to get you to relative safety so you can get a new tyre fitted?

I'd also be aware that the tyre foam if it hasn't been touched since new will probably be knackered and out of date anyway. I has to throw mine away when I bought the car 2 years ago and it's better/cheaper just to ring the AA or a tyre repair company and pay them £10 to fix the puncture.

Similar Thread Suggestions