Flat tyre..sealant

Good morning!

Woken up to find I have a flat rear tyre..cant see anything or feel anything around the tyre..havent jacked it up though.

Ive got cans of sealant inflator...if I use this does anyone know if the tyre can still be repaired after?

Cheers

Dunno about your local mechanic but mine throws the tyre away if it comes in with sealant in it, be best not to use it you can get away with it :smile:

If you use the sealant, it'll be no good. They will not repair it.

Pump it up on the drive, see how fast/slow it goes down. Or even just drive it to a tyre garage.

Cheers guys
Unfortunately you have given me the answers I did not want to hear :'( so you failed :smile:
I shall pump it up and assess and then take it to the garage...now to buy a tyre pump!

Cheers again

How much tread is left on the tyre? If your looking to change the tyre in the next month or 2 anyway, then just fill it with that stuff and get your use out of the tyre

I thought Renault used water based sealant which can be removed for repair.

Why not just inflate it and drive to get it fixed? Or get a lift with it

I thought Renault used water based sealant which can be removed for repair.

Why not just inflate it and drive to get it fixed? Or get a lift with it

Car didnt come with the Renault sealant when purchased. .bought some branded sealant just in case some day.

My pump broke..purchased a compressor for £20 was quite pleased. Pumped it up..rolled it back and found a gorgeous looking screw in the centre of the tyre..
Repaired for free at a garage I have a scheme with!

Similar Thread Suggestions