Finally, the b*****d has been found Guilty

I remember this happening, such a waste!

Glad it's finally reached a conclusion.

RIP Gav.

Glad this has come to a conclusion, and a satisfactory one too.

As you say Mike I hope the scum responsible has plenty of time locked up to think about it!

Just had a tear in my eye when I read what I wrote on the RIP Gav Collier FB site back in Feb:

Gav mate, I won't be at your funeral tomorrow, but I will be stood at the side of Loch Ness whatever weather you send us, at your memorial cairn that overlooks a peaceful, beautiful scene, thinking of you.

Why this had to happen to you no-one will ever know. You did not deserve this, neither did your nearest and dearest.

Tomorrow, you can rest in peace for all eternity knowing that there are a lot of people down here, even if they didn't know you well at all, that will miss you a lot.

For you Gav

Mike
x

What a legend that guy was :'(

I remember this happening. :worried:

The photo's really are sickening. I didn't know Gav but a few people I know knew of him, it's such a sad story.

I'm glad it's going to be a custodial sentance and I hope it's not a light one. This is one of the times where I really do hope they make an example of somebody.

Tragic.

i remember this happening, i remember reading all the posts on every thread about gavs death. i spoke to gav about training and tips etc as i was into body building at the time and gav new alot of useful stuff about it.

when i found out he had died i was saddened and humbled to say the least.

it just goes to show how tight these on-line communities can be, i have never seen one persons tragic death move and affect so many people.

RIP Gav

One I took of him (left) at FCS 2008:

91.jpg

And one with all of the saxperience rabble in:

117.jpg

Thats tragic matey. I really feel for his parents with it dragging on. It serves as a reminder on how fragile life is. Thoughts go out to his family & friends

the guy won't get long in jail, and whatever he gets, will be halved unfortunately.
there was the that lorry driver who was playing with a cab 'phone and completely crushed a woman and her 206, got 4 years, so that's 2 with good behaviour, it's a fuc-king disgrace in all honesty. he didn't even see her at all, he thought he had hit the car in front of her the fat fuc-ker!!!!

It is totally awful when this sort of thing happens.

But I cannot imagine how it must feel for the b**tard who did the crime to live the rest of his life, knowing that his foolish actions took someone elses!

Morris, who will serve half the sentence in custody and the rest on licence, was also banned from driving for four years.

Not justice imo but its better than nothing

Confirmed by a close friend of Gavs...

Gav was a cracking lad and helpful on saxperience not only regarding cars but gym etc as stated...

He was a proper lads lad from what I knew of him, anyone would be lucky to have him as a mate....and I am priviliged to be able to say I knew him even though it wasn't as well as some others...

It never fails to bring shivers down my spine when I take a look at his facebook page and so many of his friends comment even to this day it impacted on so many people....

On a bright note, he was an absolute lady killer, the amount of girls who write to him on facebook is unreal!!

I have no doubt he is tweaking a car or on a date with a fine specimen of a lady up in heaven...!!

Miss you mate,

R.I.P x