Felt under bonnet removal help

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, how do you remove the felt from underside of bonnet i need to get to washers to replace

Regards

if you look at it its held in position by large plastic "push-in" type rivets - these just push in to hole in the underside of the bonnet - you just need to pull these plastic rivets out - bit fiddly but not difficult just be careful as the sound proofing isnt very robust!

I never understood why the Cup came without it, it barely weighs anything!?!

Sorry for bumping this but no point in starting a new thread since this is exactly the matter i'm interested in. These 4 rivets are a tad too hard to remove without damaging the felt, is there a trick/technnique for pulling them off other than applying brutal force? I'm not too worried about the felt but its a pity to damage it if it can be done more elegantly.

Just get your fingers behind the felt either side of the rivet and pull straight out. Shouldn't damage the felt at all.

Just get your fingers behind the felt either side of the rivet and pull straight out. Shouldn't damage the felt at all.

I already tried that and in my efforts i managed to damage the felt a little bit. So i said screw it and pulled the damn thing right off.

So is the felt for sound proofing or pedestrian safety? Or both?

I think it is for soundproofing. How would it help pedestrian safety?

I presume the reference to pedestrian safety was intended for 1st April!

treat yourself to a set of trim clip removal tools. I bought a set off eBay for £3. They are great for these sort of jobs, door panel removal etc. They make trim clip removals simple