Father & Son

The Trophy was more chuckable and personally I thought more fun. The Cup is a lot more planted and you notice the extra weight. The Cup does seem quicker and the engine revs more freely with a better exhaust note. As a day to day drive the Trophy was better i.e. less crashy on crap town roads and easier to drive in traffic. But I didn’t buy the Cup to be enjoyed driving in traffic. I put up with the awful turning circle, extra width and short first gear on my 4 mile drive to the station nursing it through gear changes because I know when I want to have a massive grin on my face I go to my favourite driving roads and drive it like it should be. I did consider another Trophy though but the Cup looks more current and nothing else fit my criteria.

Nice Clios. The Trophy's look great, I think they should have made the 182 in red all along.

Sadly not, I had to do some boring crap, like get a mortgage so I went for a company car option for the last 4 years to avoid unexpected bills. Wish I had kept it though as a second car. It never missed a beat. The only thing that I had done was new discs and pads on the front in the two years I had it.

It's a real pity RenaultSport didn't have the imagination to create a similar run-out special edition of the RS200... The 182 Trophy was a great car & still looks great about 6 years on... :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions