fastchip map

Hi all, I've tried a search which hasn't turned up much. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who has a fastchip map that could share their experiences. I've been in touch with Henk there, but I think he must be on his Christmas break as communication seems to be very infrequent.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, TwingoGeekeo.
I'll drop them a mail. I wonder if they do remote mapping, though, as I'm in South Africa. Would you recommend Mulgari over RSTuning?
The reason I was after some fastchip info is that one of our club members down here in Cape Town has their RSTuner tool. We also have an RSTuning here in SA, but it's up in Johannesburg. Just looking to get all the info together on my various options before making a call.
Thanks again for the tip.

I have fastchip generic map on the car and it makes no difference over oem map. The car has itg panel, matched inlet, decat and sport exhaust. I also tried superchips and another tuner similar results, maybe superchips a bit better.
All the maps where tested before/after against a 197 with identical mods.

Hi all , i've purchase a Fastchip RS Tuner kit from Henk in September 2011 , 304€ shipped whit OBD option for all cars.

pa030003.jpg

pa030002.jpg

First Henk send me a original map to update ECU
After 2 o 3 days he send me the performance map 98RON

My car have been custom mapped in Italy but after 100-200Km the "long fuel trim" value back to values similar to original and car was very slow and it was like sleeping...

Email whit Henk : >
>> I explained that some software will not write the correct
>> values and that our system has an ECU antituning that not all tuners are
>> able to do this type of intervention and in a few hundred kilometers
>> then the ECU will reset to values closer original.

HENK : That is right, most tuners are not specialized in Renault and therefore the ECU reverts to the wrong fuel trim over time.

After RS Tuner performance map : car revving much better (like a light flywheel), much more torque from 1500-2000 , i'm very impressed for the result !

Lag when you floor down accelerator is is almost entirely disappeared, seems another car, a car of 10 years ago... :smile: more reactive..

and very important, values remain in place, the ECU does not attempt to return to values similar to the original , i've check whit a cable and laptop the long fuel trim value and it's OK

Thanks for the feedback, it's massively appreciated. RSTuning has a very good name down here in SA - so it's often the default choice. Oddly enough, ours is headed up by a guy called Paul as well.
The RS Tuner itself seems like a very useful bit of kit though.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback, it's massively appreciated. RSTuning has a very good name down here in SA - so it's often the default choice. Oddly enough, ours is headed up by a guy called Paul as well.
The RS Tuner itself seems like a very useful bit of kit though.
Thanks again.

de nada ! :thumbup:

i don't know Paul , i write directly at info@fastchip.nl

Ciao !

de nada ! :thumbup:

i don't know Paul , i write directly at info@fastchip.nl

Ciao !

Gracias. Hablo un poco Espanol pero no Italiano ;/ But de nada I understand :thumbup:

Haha, I meant Paul at RSTuning here in South Africa. But I'll definitely continue trying to chat to Henk via the address you mentioned.

Hasta luego.

Strange, I will contact Henk after new year to see what it saying.
By the way you did some comparing runs, you have a reference mark? Is very common to feel after remap that the car is running smoother, revs nicer, sonds better or in fact after servicing, it' s kinda related to Placebo effect. I dont belive in this fairys anymore if it is a gain than the road it'll show it :smile:
Many tuners move up the rev limiter and here you go you have a remap and indeed it pulls better if change up 7800rpm but than again it would be normal. (this remark applies to clio 197 of course :smile: )

Strange, I will contact Henk after new year to see what it saying.
By the way you did some comparing runs, you have a reference mark? Is very common to feel after remap that the car is running smoother, revs nicer, sonds better or in fact after servicing, it' s kinda related to Placebo effect. I dont belive in this fairys anymore if it is a gain than the road it'll show it :smile:
Many tuners move up the rev limiter and here you go you have a remap and indeed it pulls better if change up 7800rpm but than again it would be normal. (this remark applies to clio 197 of course :smile: )

Placebo? i don't think.....

My passage from car purchase :

1. custom remap whit old basemap

2. remap whit original basemap updated

3. remap whit rs tuner performance map based on update basemap

After point 1 car is faster and run much better, proved on dyno test whit good results but after some kmeters (100-200) car runs very slow.

After one night whitout battery, car run much much better but after 100 or 200 Km returns to run very slowly....

Point 2 : car runs "normal" , at the high revs it's slow to rise but it's clean, clean, clean...no flatspots, no defects, no issues at all...also at cold starts ! No kangoo effect.

Point 3 car runs "faster" than point 2 , used to drive change in a certain way and now the tachometer gear rise up much faster. Torque is increased significantly, above all at low revs like 1500-2500 whit a peak around 3000 also whit 4 or 5 gear at low rpm.

And last but not least remains stable over time, trimmers values don't change.

No change at the rev limiter.

I made ​​a couple dyno tests with the old map , ok fun and nice, but important is behavior on the road not on the dyno , IMHO.

Like a Fidanza lightened flywheel on my old Subaru Impreza , on the road was absolutly fantastic but on a dynamometer does not just detected in the same way...I do not know if I explained well :smile:

RS Tuner 98RON performance map is a good good optimization for cars whit catback and panel filter \ V6 airbox

Custom remap can be better but i don't know anyone in Italy that I can trust on Sagem3000 remap and guarantee the same result of Henk whit 300€

It's a placebo,for sure.
Because we've tested two cars (197)with same mods(decat, panel filter), side by side and there is no diference between a stock map and fastchip map.
We've tested in second, third and fourth gear .
The map was 98RON.

Could be that remap works better on your car. Mine, It was so many times when the car felt faster and every time failed to confirm on vs run. When you say updated basemap do you refer to ecu software version like B300 to B600 or the calibration file?

Theres not much difference up top, which is probably why a side by side race showed nothing.

But it definitely irons out the flat spot in the 2-3k region, so in everyday driving it is a massive improvement.

Could be that remap works better on your car. Mine, It was so many times when the car felt faster and every time failed to confirm on vs run. When you say updated basemap do you refer to ecu software version like B300 to B600 or the calibration file?

exactly, Henk send me RSTuner_B600_6A0C_org.rst that's an original software version update

Henk told me that there is no need to update to B600 version because there is no performance gains using it over B300 basemap and plus it is very risky to update because battery drainage even with 10A charger conected is very possible. Why he sent you the update in this conditions and you think there is worth doing it?

Henk told me that there is no need to update to B600 version because there is no performance gains using it over B300 basemap and plus it is very risky to update because battery drainage even with 10A charger conected is very possible. Why he sent you the update in this conditions and you think there is worth doing it?

.....maybe because performance map (RST_EL_1845_Clio 197 B600_6A0C_RON98_0811_.cal) it's based on that release ? and it's impossible write performance map on different version of basemap ? i guess....

I think if you follow the instructions, safety and common sense there's no risk

- 10A charger
- laptop whit good battery and 220V connected
- remove fan fuse

B600 update removes some defects that afflicted my 197 not only at cold starts but also at warm engine, for me great great update.

Ohh, it seems that Henk played me a little.Did you pay for B600 basemap? I woud like to upgrade also and I'm curious what Henk will say as the first time he convinced me to keep B300. Anyway it would be interesting if you can perform a vs with a 197 stock to see if my story confirms :smile:

Ohh, it seems that Henk played me a little.Did you pay for B600 basemap? I woud like to upgrade also and I'm curious what Henk will say as the first time he convinced me to keep B300. Anyway it would be interesting if you can perform a vs with a 197 stock to see if my story confirms :smile:

maybe performance map at time of your request was based on B300

I've purchased RS Tuner on September \ October 2011

300€ inclusive of basemap update to B600 and performance map 98RON, hardware, cables, licence for one car.

Yes, very interested to perform a VS whit a stock 197 :smile: