Facia adapter fitted but still big gap :( HELP!!! - With added solution ;)

So as you can see....

5dc18745.jpg

....Thats not right??

What do i need to order to get this problem sorted?! The gaps clearly is massive either side.

Thanks

A facia surround I thinking seen something on her about this will have a look

Megan facia unit of eBay on me phone and don't know how to post the link
If you put it in the search you will see it

Theres loads on there dude and they all look different :worried:

Can anyone post a picture of theirs if they have had the same issue and what it looks like once resolved with the correct adapter?

And then a link for it. LOL.

Thats the one i have already bought....

Theres no way it will fill that gap once fitted. Im going to go try and fit it now.

The one in the photo is the one that came with the alpine unit.

Will post a new pic when fitted the one in your link......it arrived this morning.

looks good, thought of trying to paint mine the same colour as the dash but once i got it all fitted flush and didnt have it in me to take it apart again.

looks good, thought of trying to paint mine the same colour as the dash but once i got it all fitted flush and didnt have it in me to take it apart again.

I did mine...looked great before the 3M 3D carbon look vinyl. :smile:

Now it kinda sticks out. :smiley:

26102010456.jpg

Yeh your right. Once i got it in and over the cage and and all the wired back and sorted i just thought - im never doing that again!!!

Now i can get back to my high bit rate music files :wink:

Last edited:
I'm fitting an Alpine head unit next week, will I need an adapter for the aerial wire or does it plug straight in? I have an adapter from my MR2 but I don't know without taking the OEM unit out and having a look.

I'm fitting an Alpine head unit next week, will I need an adapter for the aerial wire or does it plug straight in? I have an adapter from my MR2 but I don't know without taking the OEM unit out and having a look.

I've just had same H/U as op fitted and I had to have an Aerial adapter , I've only had fords before and have never seen an adapter like that before , think they charged £9.99 for it but bet u can get it cheaper

when i used a aftermarket headunit in my old mk3 i used carbon wrap just to make it look bette than a chunky plastic adapter that doesnt match the centre console

Similar Thread Suggestions