F134 lee

By the time you've repaired that damage and painted, plus I wouldn't want to be using a heavy damaged shell for a Racecar, when it'll never be 100% straight again, and you need the car to be the best handling possible if it's going into a race.

Id cut your loss and move on

How about getting the money, buying a r27 or something an getting the conversion done with the change... If that's possible?

Shame to hear about the car pal but personally I would buy it back strip it and sell the parts thats if you have the space

Space isn't an issue....but it's the time it takes to sell everything. It'd be worth getting it back as I could get my exhaust, filter, matched inlets and spacers back....just depends on how much that 10% figure is.

Lee - Did you buy or make the black insert on the front wings? I have been looking for matt black ones but seem to be drawing a blank.

The damage is as follows

ns wing
ns head light
front bumper
snapped hub/ carrier
snapped both drive shafts
os wing
os hub and carrier
os brake disc shattered
steering rack bent
ns shock bent
ns turrett looks pissed in my opinion
the ns door looked like the top of it was sitting further back, which could suggest a bend in the A pillar

I may be given the chance to buy it back at 10% of the value they believe it's worth. I really want a meg powered car! Anyone selling?
Will have a budget of around 8-10k for a car.
Oh wow mate I feel for you :worried:
I'd be biting their hand off at 10% of the value book value for them would be around 5-6k would it not? You could strip it down and make a killing from that plus the payout for a new car, but an R27 and use the money from stripping your old car for the meg conversion.
Good luck choosing your next car!

Last edited:
Today I have been told that the engineering is still doing his report and I will hear the outcome for my car. I could buy a 225 meg and do a conversion, but I believe the car could be twisted.

My friend let my use his 250 for a day....before I say it, as I know I'm most definitely going to get hate for this. The Megane didn't set my world alight as I had hoped, it didn't grip me and didn't make me go....I need one of these! I really wished it had, but it felt like I was driving a golf Gti IMO as it done things effortlessly.

image_zps92e356f3.jpg
image_zpsaf0db69d.jpg

Dude, what time did this happen on the Sunday? I know it was an icy morning, Just been catching up on all the posts, hope it all gets sorted quick.

Happend about 9.30am but it wasn't icy....was actually heading out to get some nice photos of the car on the beach!

His is a cup and I did put it in sport mode....it didn't do things in a angry way, like a clio does, everything was too peaceful! Probably better for day to day driving though!

Don't worry I did!

Like i said, I was expecting to be shot down:wink: but I'm afraid the meg isn't for me! I have been looking at seat Leon K1's look pretty epic and very tuneable :smiley:

Today has confirmed what I had thought! WRITTEN OFF :worried:

missed a meg'd powered car on ebay this after noon by minutes....bugger!

looks like I'll be looking at a 200 cup! Does a cup drive much different to a FF??