F134 lee

leeboy

Paid Member
So after owning the car since March 2012 and not doing a progress thread on it, I thought it was about time!
So at the age of 18/19 I had this Seat Leon, bought for £1200 off ebay, I thought it looked good and went okay, it had a 1.6 engine and looked like a Cupra R.
image_zps382844e3.jpg

So after owning that for 18 months, I thought it could well be time for a change and being into my racing I want something that I could relate to with Motorsport and do trackdays with! So while watching the BTCC and looking at the Clio cup, I managed to convince my girlfriend that " let's go and have a look, see what everyone is raving on about, can't be that good....It's only French plastic!" I went had had a look at this.....image_zpscde6426b.jpg
image_zps8487a8f6.jpg

so after a 10minute test drive it was parked on my drive..... Oops!

having owned the car for four months, I felt that it needed something....something to make it sound alive! So off I went to fast road conversions, cat back system made and fitted with slightly different tips to most other clios. Sounds so much better and racey as I had intended
image_zps425e6f1e.jpg

image_zpsc2672b54.jpg

so now that was done, I had seen several RB's hitting it off well with either white or black wheels..... I had to go for black as white would have been a pain to keep looking nice whilst living in the country side! I also have the added bonus that my dad has his own MOT station/ workshop! So the car being on a ramp is no issue.
image_zpsc1283825.jpg
image_zpsab3a170f.jpg

Along with the painted wheels, I bought myself plates!
image_zpsfdb7e3c5.jpg

Once I had it coming to the way I wanted it to, I thought I'd add to the black theme, by wrapping the dash strips and the wing vents! Of course I maintained the car with filters and oil changes every 6k, but I've opted for an ITG panel filter now.
image_zps4a46490a.jpg
image_zps818aa7ec.jpg
image_zps952db015.jpg
image_zpsbd513ac9.jpg
image_zps3d96b66c.jpg

F134 was coming along nicely, so what ways could I improve it? Springs were next on the agender, I went for H&R initially after everyone was saying how great they were! I felt they bounced far too much and ended up fitting apex springs....far stiffer and produced a far better drive. I also fitted 20mm spacers all around which gave the car a wider stance!
image_zps3d96b66c.jpg

image_zpsc413d027.jpg

I then finally got around to actually doing a track day as intended, I choose to do Bedford....it's a brilliant place, and learnt a lot about the clio, was able to give some of the big boys a run for their money! But before I went, I fitted a "go faster" sun strip, just in case the sun was low at the circuit.
image_zps3e882ef0.jpg

out on track
image_zps533ba449.jpg
image_zps3ca245a6.jpg
image_zps9b1f9a77.jpg
image_zps64318264.jpg

After owning the car for over 18 months and since day one wanting a cup spoiler. I once again had an impulse buy ( it's not the last one, I'll get to that soon) and I ended up wrapping in carbon too, some think it looks tacky....I think it goes well with the car!
image_zps3e189316.jpg

So this is how the car currently sits and looks at the moment! Really happy with it and love every minute spent driving it!

image_zpsafab5752.jpg
image_zps34860cfe.jpg

IronX, clay bar, polish and a good covering of wax last weekend!
image_zps911885d5.jpg

The latest addition, that was also an impulse buy!
Matched Inlets!

old ones coming off
image_zps5a80823f.jpg

Had a quick clean up of it all

image_zps5fdcdcd8.jpg

Matched lower inlet going on!
image_zpsb0ae0521.jpg

Powder coated upper inlet.....looks nice and neat!

image_zps9a057555.jpg
image_zps13f117db.jpg

All fitted and running!

image_zpsb1b69425.jpg

image_zps26c0614f.jpg

Thats all for now, I think it's come quite a way since I started my ownership of it.

Glad you've got a thread for it now mate!

You know I love this car, looking forward to a ride with the inlets :wink:

Glad you've got a thread for it now mate!

You know I love this car, looking forward to a ride with the inlets :wink:

Cheers mate, to be fair the inlets don't change much....just feels like you get more of a kick when you get to 5k now!

On the 12th I was crashed into..... Absolutely gutted!! In the hands of the insureance company as I'm writing this! The asser has valued the damage of £5,750 which I would deem to be written off :worried:

I'll deffo be going for another clio, hopefully a meg powered car. If not a 200 cup as I'm planning track days with it!

Definitely stick with the Clio's buddy, onwards and upwards, a 200 would be a nice upgrade for you.

The damage is as follows

ns wing
ns head light
front bumper
snapped hub/ carrier
snapped both drive shafts
os wing
os hub and carrier
os brake disc shattered
steering rack bent
ns shock bent
ns turrett looks pissed in my opinion
the ns door looked like the top of it was sitting further back, which could suggest a bend in the A pillar

I may be given the chance to buy it back at 10% of the value they believe it's worth. I really want a meg powered car! Anyone selling?
Will have a budget of around 8-10k for a car.

All that sounds like it'll be worth having is the engine buddy, don't know if I'd bother buying it back with that damage?

That's what I'm trying to weigh up....buy it back, jig it and rebuild and have it as a race car for the 2015 race series?