Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Awesome set-up there. Which pads are those, the 1.1's?
Yes that's the one Sean 1.11s. They seem a good all-rounder. Didn't want anything with awful cold performance as it's my daily. I had carbon discs and pads once on a car and it was scary on the road on occasion. Had a few near misses when there were no brakes briefly and then at the last second bang!

Reactions: Sean197
Yes that's the one Sean. They seem a good all-rounder. Didn't want anything with awful cold performance as it's my daily. I had carbon discs and pads once on a car and it was scary on the road on occasion. Had a few near misses when there were no brakes briefly and then at the last second bang!

lol yeah not good. Why the 1.1's though and not the ds2500's?
Are you still thinking about the meg engine? did you ever buy the 250 one?

lol yeah not good. Why the 1.1's though and not the ds2500's?
Are you still thinking about the meg engine? did you ever buy the 250 one?
I've read mixed reports about the DS2500s when they're cold. The other problem with the DS2500s is that they're double the price of the Performance Friction ones (in Megane fitment).
I'm always thinking about the meg engine :smile: I had a bit of a falling out with the bloke selling the 265 unit so I think that ship has now sailed. Things will be happening engine wise, just not sure what yet :smile:

Last edited:
I've read mixed reports about the DS2500s when they're cold. The other problem with the DS2500s us that they're double the price of the Performance Friction ones (in Megane fitment).
I'm always thinking about the meg engine :smile: I had a bit of a falling out with the bloke selling the 265 unit so I think that ship has now sailed. Things will be happening engine wise, just not sure what yet :smile:

Supercharge it! I'm gonna have a chat with Paul at RS Tuning on Wednesday to discuss if the meg 225 ecu can handle supercharging, if so it should 'just' be a case of using a 225 ecu and bottom end with a 200 head and inlet (with megane injectors), a Rotrex 'charger, and custom pipework and intercooler. (Not that i'll be doing this, just interested if it can be done.)

Supercharge it! I'm gonna have a chat with Paul at RS Tuning on Wednesday to discuss if the meg 225 ecu can handle supercharging, if so it should 'just' be a case of using a 225 ecu and bottom end with a 200 head and inlet (with megane injectors), a Rotrex 'charger, and custom pipework and intercooler. (Not that i'll be doing this, just interested if it can be done.)

Funny you should mention this. It's something I'm going to be looking at over the summer for my car. Going down a similar route. Going to chat to efi tuning near my who do all the ecu stuff and mapping for a lot of the turbo conversions. I know he can run a turbo conversion in a standard ecu so I'm wondering if there's a possibility of running the supercharger set up without the additional cost of going stand alone.

Reactions: Gordini
Funny you should mention this. It's something I'm going to be looking at over the summer for my car. Going down a similar route. Going to chat to efi tuning near my who do all the ecu stuff and mapping for a lot of the turbo conversions. I know he can run a turbo conversion in a standard ecu so I'm wondering if there's a possibility of running the supercharger setup without the additional cost of going stand alone.
There is an AG 200 around with a supercharger which I believe is running the standard ECU along with 630CC injectors. Standard engine with 300 bhp and it's been like this for a couple of years too. It's something i've been thinking of doing for quite a while now.

Su
There is an AG 200 around with a supercharger which I believe is running the standard ECU along with 630CC injectors. Standard engine with 300 bhp and it's been like this for a couple of years too. It's something i've been thinking of doing for quite a while now.
Supercharger group buy?! :wink:

Reactions: Micah
I've read mixed reports about the DS2500s when they're cold. The other problem with the DS2500s is that they're double the price of the Performance Friction ones (in Megane fitment).

Have Ds2500s on mine and they are fine from cold.. But completely get the price justification...

Good things the 1.1s Simon. Have DS2500 pads all round on mine and no issues from cold. Will be trying 1.1s when the fronts need changing.

Small update - rear discs have turned up. Decided on R26R items in the end rather than standard ones as I managed to find some for a reasonable price. Still no calipers yet so the brakes won't be fitted for a while :worried:

IMG_20170223_120709_zpshfusl11f.jpg

Reactions: Sean197