Experiment with a suction camera mount

Hey all. Bought a suction camera mount and had an experiment with it today. Finding camera angles a little difficult as its shorter than I thought it would be. Im heading up to the cairngorms on Saturday so will have plenty of opportunity to play. will add more as I get them :smile: Thought this came out quite well, want to do something similar with the wheel arch vent in shot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 26907599201_2091c3b990_b.jpg
    26907599201_2091c3b990_b.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 122
Good stuff, it'll be interesting to see what other shots you can come up with :smile: nice to see a bit of creativity with photos.

Arch vent would be a cool shot. Nice bit of variety to mix up the pictures, nice change :thumbsup:

Would love to see a arch vent video of just a 5/10 minutes random drive to nowhere.... Would look ace. Simple things eh.... :smile:

Camera just for stills.......or video too ?

Low down at the front, coupled with some cornering / roundabout action always looks great and accentuates the impression of speed.

Nice first shot above though ^^^^

I'm more interested in the stills to be honest. The mount is not really long enough to strap to the front, I can't get any good angles. I think what I might do is stick it to my friends car and take the photos of mine whilst I overtake. I can get a live feed to my phone, just don't know how much range the wifi has? (All with assistance from passengers, don't plan on crashing because dicking around with phone)

In terms of video, I have an older camera I'm less afraid of destroying, but it's a 24mm equivalent whereas my good camera is 16mm.

Even a video strapped to the side aiming forward would be grand! :smile:

What suckymount have you got? wouldn't mind getting one myself tbh for when the day comes that i get myself a 197!

Delkin fat Gekko. I got the one with two suckers, they also make it with one and three. The single sucker is ample for normal sized cameras, bridge cameras, small compact system cameras, over kill for a go pro. The two sucker one is plenty for an slr. The three sucker seems a little extreme.

So just got back, absolutely loved it up there but the drive home was pretty miserable. Boat of Garten to Bristol was about 550 miles, took about 9 hours 30.

I made a cool little video edit but didn't have as much free time for photos as I would have liked. Will start another thread with a more appropriate title when the upload has finished. Yes there is some wheel arch vent action in there too :smile:

I think I am going to make an extension for the fat gekko mount as it is far too short. My plan for the coming weeks is to mount the camera to a friends car and then trigger it wirelessly when alongside in motion. This should get the cool motion blurred wheels and background.