exhaust

not sure then jase that just wat he said he could get it uptoo but a will speak 2 him more wen a take it in 2 get done

over 30bhp from a remap on a NA engine is impossible.:confused1:

but if he gets that, i would drive all the way up there and pay him £1,000 to make mine 220bhp too.

220bhp would be immense! Realistic though??

Can't believe the actual standard bhp is so poor, I'm going to a rolling road soon with some Fiesta ST's - a couple of them may have more power than mine :worried: wish the engines in the 197's were as easily tuneable!

Gonna get some stick if my "197" comes in at 185bhp lol

If he gets 220bhp only with a remap I'll personally drive there and get it done. :biggrin:

I'm hoping for a 200-205bhp with:

Miltek exhaust and 200cell Miltek sport cat
K&N panel filter
remap
_______
TOTAL: 190bhp & 199Nm of Torque

Before and after the Miltek, and a remap
1.gif

&
Catcams
R3 airbox
matched inlets
lightweight flywheel
Helix clutch

My friends 197 with:
Decat
Stock exhaust
matched inlets
R3 airbox
catcams

Raptor - which one of your mods do you believe to have given the greatest gain?
Or would you say the combination of the mods allowed the gains and that no one part added any great hp.

Thanks

Raptor - which one of your mods do you believe to have given the greatest gain?
Or would you say the combination of the mods allowed the gains and that no one part added any great hp.

Thanks

It definitely was the combination of mods because my friends that have remapped their cars were all slower than me when I was STOCK (OK, probably there's a difference between remaps but, obviously my remap is good because I go 14,83s @ 1/4mile, and the person who has remapped my car did theirs as well).

So far I have a Miltek system, remap and a K&N panel filter.

You wouldn't believe, but the thing I felt the most was the K&N! It improved some throttle response - there is less lag on the throttle when I press it.

The exhaust and a remap I felt only when street racing with the same cars I've street raced before. There is a strong tendency to the placebo effect for some ppl - they do something on their car and think it's flying now when, in fact, the car is the same or even slower (some CAI's on the market like Apollo,...).

Camshafts are waiting to be installed (posponed due clutch problems), will order R3 airbox as soon as possible, and the light weight flywheel will be installed when installing the clutch. After all of that I will get my inlets/ports matched and buy a set of OZ Ultra's and that's all...probably...thinking about turbocharging it but don't have the courage (reliability of the components - geat box first) to do it and the money to finance it - yet :biggrin:.

Last edited: