Exhaust rattle @ 2.5k under load

Annoying rattle at any revs at 2.5k in any gear, however it can't be heard when the car is stand still, out of gear. I've read that the flexi pipes on the manifold aren't the best but hoping it isn't this at fault, given my symptoms can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers guys,
Dan

Get someone to rev it and stick your head under the car. Could just be a loose bracket..

Where abouts in suffolk are you?

Well if it were a blown flexi youd here it at standstill. Youve probaly got something loose. Check the heatshield under the rear diffuser.

I'll take a look at the weekend, sounds like it's from the front of the car and very metallic but who knows :smile:

Cheers Chris

Well my flexis went on mine and it just sounded like a blowing exhaust, not really a rattle.

I did notice a blowing sound when it first started but after a drive I couldn't really hear it, no rattle on idle though, strange one. Hopefully it will be an obvious one when I get under the car and have a better look.

Oh cool! Nice to have someone local! Only me and the pacman around here!

I can have a listen if you wanted.

Was you ? It may be the baffles in the silencers. mine have gone so need new ones :worried: