Exhaust question

Hi

I have a rattling centre box on my 197 which my local Renault dealer has quoted £350 to replace with fitting.

I don't wanna spend that when a new exhaust from KTR/Milltek is only £458. So this got me thinking about changing my exhaust.

But I have heard about massive flat spots in the engine delivery with aftermarket exhausts fitted. is this the case? If so I will have to get a re-map which adds to the price further which then makes Renaults quote sound cheap lol!

I wanted to get a milltek from K-Tec but they are miles away from where I live. Can anyone recommend a good place to get an exhaust in the north west (preferably a place that can tune/chip too if this is required).

Thanks

You can just remove the centre section of the exhaust for about £60-£80. I had mine done at Top Gear exhausts in Stockport. Yeah, there is an increase in the flatspot but the sound makes it worth it. This is how mine sounds:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGIEZtc9sg&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Dave; Centre silencer has zero effect on anything tested in the MOT.

Olo; It's a fair bit louder but not droney in the slightest.

Thanks for the help guys I may look into doing this. I think Powerflow in Crewe would fit a custom pipe to replace centre section.

Think I may get it re-mapped tho, thought about doing this for a while so a bigger flatspot is the motivation I need to go ahead with it.

Where in the north west is a good place to go??

I had it done at Top Gear Stockport. They're just off the M60.

I remapped my car yesterday with the RSTuner from fastchip.nl. I would 100% recommend it. It's like a different car low down and the flat spot is gone.

The RsTuner is a tool to flash the Ecu without going to a local tuning shop right?

Basically yes. This is essentially how it works:

Order the RST from fastchip.nl
When it arrives, plug it into your car and take a snapshot of the main page with your current ECU settings on it.
Send it to Henk (info@fastchip.nl)
He'll send you back an ECU update which you install
Take another snapshot and send it to Henk
He'll send you a new .cal file which you write to your ECU
Done :smile:

Excelent, this make everything clear.
one more thing if you dont mind, that base map or stage 1 is good for y pipe decat and secondary decat?

thank a lot!

I'm pretty certain it won't be appropriate for the Y-pipe cat delete, but it might just be okay for secondary cat delete.

I would email Henk, he might have a 197/200 map for a decatted car.

I've removed my centre box today. To be honest I don't think it's a lot noisier just a bit rortier if anything and pops occasionally when changing gear. If anything the flat spot seems better although my car had already been remapped. Easy job and I've cut the silencer so I can always refit it later with a couple of sleeves

I've removed my centre box today. To be honest I don't think it's a lot noisier just a bit rortier if anything and pops occasionally when changing gear. If anything the flat spot seems better although my car had already been remapped. Easy job and I've cut the silencer so I can always refit it later with a couple of sleeves

I'd say it takes about a month before it's really settled in. Like you say there's not that much difference at first, but it will get better every time you drive it. 2nd gear, rev up to 4500 and lift off :thumbup: