Evo X 330 SST

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Anyone had any experience with these or know anybody that has got one

Its an itch that i really need to scratch

Emma is besotted with them and to be honest i have warmed to them alot

I would like something with slightly better accessibility as the little one is due in December and Emma loved the sure-footedness of the 4wd of the P1 that we had

The only thing im unsure about is the DSG style twin clutch system that comes on the 330. Ive always been a 'sick shift' kinda guy

I have looked at the specs and they do look insane. 0-60 in 4.4. Rockford Fosgate 30gb HDD as standard, Xenons, etc

Thoughts please.....

IMG_6693.gif

IMG_6695.gif

Last edited:
Love Evo X's, if they were so damm expensive to run I'd have had one. But they need servicing all the time, they're in the highest tax band, the highest insurance band and they only do 18 MPG! People want to steal them all the time too!

But they look great, supposed to go and handle amazing and are metal, so I'm not sue if that outweighs the negatives!

That looks the dogs danglies, if you can afford it, get it, you won't be disapointed even without the manual stick... And these motors are the choice of many police traffic units which mean they are seriously good at what they do.

The only car I couldn't pass/catch in the wet at Oulton Park. I was eating Porsche' all day long (including a race-spec' Boxster on wets) but this X they had there (standard bar a cat-back) was just on another level altogether. Genuinely shocked me how fast it was.

Plus, four doors for the family and a boot for the shopping.

What's not to like!?! :smile:

Love Evo X's, if they were so damm expensive to run I'd have had one. But they need servicing all the time, they're in the highest tax band, the highest insurance band and they only do 18 MPG! People want to steal them all the time too!

But they look great, supposed to go and handle amazing and are metal, so I'm not sue if that outweighs the negatives!

I pretty much agree with this apart from they servicing side of things. I was told they need servicing every 12000miles which is the same as the Clio?

They are awesome cars and have really grown on me but as said ridiculous fuel consumption.

Ash

For X money you can buy and upgrade a 9. Which IMO look much better.

Well put hit the nail on the head noddie ashton get yourself on the mlr mate youll learn a lot on there youll find more folk will sway you toward a 9 rather than a 10 if you want to mod it i hope you have deep pockets they are extremely addictive and bags of fun

Yep, 10k or 12 months, no different to the Clio's.

I think it was the older FQ400 that had a silly 4k interval or something.

Id go for a 9 over the 10 purely because of the fact you can let someone else spend money on the 'must have' parts.

The only car I couldn't pass/catch in the wet at Oulton Park. I was eating Porsche' all day long (including a race-spec' Boxster on wets) but this X they had there (standard bar a cat-back) was just on another level altogether. Genuinely shocked me how fast it was.

Plus, four doors for the family and a boot for the shopping.

What's not to like!?! :smile:

The traction they have coming out of corners really has to be seen to be believed doesnt it ! :scared:

I had a 9 FQ360 and loved it but I also drove a 10 RS that was mildly tuned and other 8's and 9's.
I thought the 10 was a better car in that mildly tuned form than a 9 would be, it just seemed sharper and felt like a more modern car altogether despite its RS povo spec.
I dont know anything about the auto's but they would have to be very good to compare to the manual.
J

Gonna try and get down to the dealership for a test drive tomorrow

Will report back

:smile:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it but the interior of the EVo 8s is crap! I'm not sure if these where improved any just something to look at when you are in one - That said the one I was in was running 440bhp and took corners like nothing I've been in at all.

That looks awesome mate. Really awesome, and as you mentoned ridiculously quick either on a straight line or corners. But the running costs are phenomenally huge, especially if you start using it the way it is designed to. And I'm not only talking about petrol here, it's tyres brakes etc. But of course you know all this. I guess the question to be answered is are you going to be getting the respective amount of extra fun for the extra money you'd spend? Is that proportional? Or you gonna end up spending 3-4 times the money you'd spend on the clio for a little bit extra fun? I don't personally know, I haven't owned an EVO before so I'm not in a position to tell, but I had friends who did, and they sold them rather quickly..