Engine mounts

cjww2003

Paid Member
some advice please, how easy is it to replace all engine mounts at home (i.e. No engine lift equipment, however do have workshop jack).

Powerflex Upper toque arm bush is really easy to replace, I did mine in about 30 minutes, all you need is an 18mm socket i think (may be wrong but think it's 18).

Powerflex Lower engine mount inserts should be a 30 minute job, I gave it a shot but could not for the life of me get the main bolt out, need to get a breaker bar for it.

Can do them both at home no real equipment needed, just a jack and axel stands to get he front up enough to get under for the lower one.

Edit:

Guide for lower engine mount insert
Guide for upper torque arm bush

Powerflex Upper toque arm bush is really easy to replace, I did mine in about 30 minutes, all you need is an 18mm socket i think (may be wrong but think it's 18).

Powerflex Lower engine mount inserts should be a 30 minute job, I gave it a shot but could not for the life of me get the main bolt out, need to get a breaker bar for it.

Can do them both at home no real equipment needed, just a jack and axel stands to get he front up enough to get under for the lower one.

Edit:

Guide for lower engine mount insert
Guide for upper torque arm bush
many thanks for this. am I in correct in thinking there are 3 mounts?

2 bolts each(torque arm,lower arm)
2 of the torque arm are 105nm
2 of the lower arm are 180nm(the big one that mounted the engine)
105 nm the smaller one (that mounted to the subframe chassis)