Engine cover

Rogue

Platinum Member
Is there only one engine cover that will fit the 250 engine? Will it needed to be modded slightly to accommodate the 3" pipework?

I have a 250 engine...I was more wondering if one from a 225 will fit or a generic DCi etc

looking at it only a cover off a 250/65 will fit, perhaps get one from ren wolves

I can imagine you'd only need to space the 4 mounting points upwards to clear the bigger pipes, easily done. Providing there's room to clear the bonnet..

I wouldn't run a cover its only going to hold more heat in and you want it as cool as possible in there mine is like a oven on flat out under the bonnet my fan cuts in at just under half way in traffic as its so hot under the bonnet

I wouldn't run a cover its only going to hold more heat in and you want it as cool as possible in there mine is like a oven on flat out under the bonnet my fan cuts in at just under half way in traffic as its so hot under the bonnet
That's why they came out the factory with them on... to over heat?
[MENTION=1286]litchy[/MENTION], Neil from Renault UK has a larger boost pipe kit on his 200 and has the engine cover fitted :smile:.

Last edited:
@litchy, Neil from Renault UK has a larger boost pipe kit on his 200 and has the engine cover fitted :smile:.

I know cause SteC did his too. Its routed in a different way, and thats why I asked if Pete's was the same pipework as Mikes.....

@litchy, Neil from Renault UK has a larger boost pipe kit on his 200 and has the engine cover fitted :smile:.

did these engines come in clios as factory NO! engine bays are different hence them getting hot in the clio use your brains